*HDD = harddisk drive (in case somebody don't know what it means.... )
In this post I have prepared:-
1) Boot-132 USB - give you ability to boot faster using flash drive.
2) EFI bootloader - for HDD with GUID partition table only.
- I have mistakenly uploaded Boot-132 USB image with read/write mode. Below is how to change it to the default format so that we can restore it to a flash drive.
- How to restore read/write Boot-132 USB image to a flash drive:-
1) Mount the Boot-132 USB image (downloaded from the above link)
2) Open Disk Utility & select the mounted volume
3) Click "New Image" to dump it again with "compressed" format (default format) - rename it to another name
4) Unmount & eject the Boot-132 USB image
5) Now we need to do "Scan Image for Restore..." to the new Boot-132 USB image
6) After the new Boot-132 USB image has been scanned, we can restore it to a flash drive
7) (WARNING: do this carefully) Now we need to make the flash drive bootable. To make thing much easier, unplug or eject any other drives except the HDD that contain Mac OS X & the flash drive. We need to do this in Terminal (where rdisk1 is your flash drive):-
sudo -s fdisk -f /Volumes/Boot132USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1 dd if=/Volumes/Boot132USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s1 2>/dev/nullThis is OPTIONAL. You can create a slipstream Mac OS X installer using external harddisk. Where you can restore Boot-132 USB on first partition & Mac OS X install DVD on second partition. The first partition for Boot-132 USB don't need more than 250MB. By using this method, you don't need to switch CD when installing Mac OS X, actually no CD involved at all. Please refer to my internal & external harddisk layout where internal is GUID & external is MBR.
EFI bootloader - installation for GUID only
Please grab Chameleon 2 RC1 installer over here:- http://www.mediafire.com/?l19yfydqoco
Follow this simple step-by-step on how to install Chameleon 2 RC1 to EFI partition:-
1) Double-click to launch the Chameleon 2 RC1 installer & you will immediately see this welcome window. Click Continue.
2) (I have skip a couple of unimportant screenshot) When you arrive at this windows, click Customize button.
3) Make sure your selection is similar with this selection. Of course we need to select "Chameleon EFI HFS" because we're using EFI partition to boot Mac OS X. After that click Install.
4) Grab this installer to install all necessary KEXTs file for ASUS P5Q Deluxe to the EFI partition.
There are two packages in the installer where the first one is for ASUS P5Q Deluxe while the second one also for ASUS P5Q Deluxe but with additional support for ATI Radeon HD 2×00 3×00 4870 4850. You can only choose one package during installation.
The guide is complete now!