I have the forever-spinning wheel on my laptop.
I have an Asus K52F, specifications:
Intel i3 370M @2.4GHz w/Intel HD Graphics (1st Generation, Q3-2010)
8GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM
Mac OS 10.8.2
Everything works fine, sound, WiFi, etc, even Native resolution.
I just can't get QE/CI working, at all.
Steps I've done:
1) Delete all Graphics-related kexts
2) Download 10.8.2 QECI (attached)
3) Unzip, install with Kext Wizard
5) Boot with flags "-f -v UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No" [and without -f]
6) Computer won't boot, wheel spinning
EDIT: I used MacBookPro6,2 i5 520M SMBios, and it booted before installing the Graphical KEXTs
EDIT 2: Tried with Natit.kext - nothing changed.
Any help is appreciated!