- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ed

Ed

Old skool Mac user

• Administrators
  • 818 posts

This incredible Apple I computer in full working order was auctioned on the weekend for a whopping $671,400.

Reported by the Bits blog over at the NY Times, the buyer who scooped one of the very few remaining working examples of Apple's first ever computer "was a wealthy entrepreneur from the Far East, who wishes to remain anonymous".

Interestingly, this latest example of the Apple I was purchased in faulty condition for $40,000 earlier in the year, and its new owner cleverly fixed it and restored the unit to full working order before hopping on a plane to California and managing to get Steve Wozniak, Apple's only surviving co-founder, to sign it, ensuring maximum value when the bidding ended.

The video above shows the Apple I executing basic code and even producing ultra-low resolution "character art" of Apple's founders, Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs.

"The high prices paid for the machines seem to be explained by the combination of scarcity, a fascination with the early history of the computer age, and the mystique of Apple and its founders, Steven P. Jobs and Stephen G. Wozniak."

Click here to view the article

peterwan

peterwan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

OMG how i wish i could do something like this with

intel P1, P2, and P3 not working tho:D

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

I'll sign my lappy then keep it aside until we get flying laptops then selling for a good price then :thumbsup_anim:

Seriously, the wealthier we get the more stupid we become.

Keny Hu

Keny Hu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

I suppose we should try to find the 1st working Hackintosh?

Whit3Spirit

Whit3Spirit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Problems...

A tuto for how i make a windows bootcamp partition on that please !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy