Dual-boot two OSX on one Drive

3 posts in this topic

So I finally installed SL on one HDD with ML. Now I can either boot with MBR record (Chimera on ML) or with bootable iso image (i*Boot - SL). But I want to install bootloader on Snow Leopard too. The problem is you know - how to handle which of the 2 OS to load? Using either bootable image or MBR do the trick but I don't know if my Extra directory (I manually created on my Snow Leopard partition) is loaded. Any ideas?

The origin of this thread is here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288188-dual-boot-on-one-drive/. I moved it because I realized it's on the wrong section so moderators please delete it :).

• 1 month later...

I didn't quite understand what you did. But I assume you have one partition (or disk) with Snow Leopard installed, and one with Mountain Lion installed. As far as I know when you see the bootloader it counts some seconds backwards. If you press F8 (this is in Chameleon, I don't know about Chimera) before the seconds end, you should see all options and you should be presented with two icons. One to load Mountain Lion (default) and the other to load Snow Leopard. Use the arrow keys to illuminate/choose the Snow Leopard icon and press ENTER to boot Snow Leopard! If you also have a Windows partition you can even boot Windows.