Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:05 AM
My friend gave me a Dell XPS720 today, so naturally I immediately decided to hackintosh it. It's mostly working except for the graphics. It's the older G92 512mb model. I'm not sure what else to try because I've tried all that I know how to do. Here's what I've tried so far:
-GraphicsEnabler=Yes obviously... No qe/ci.
-Putting device ID into NVDANV50Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext, and NVDAGF100Hal.kext - device ID shows in system profiler, but there is still no qe/ci or correct resolution.
-Nvenabler, Nvenabler64, and Nvinject - kernel panic with any of these kexts.
-EFI string using EFI studio - no difference, no qe/ci.
I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions? I may just get a different card if I can find one cheap enough. Since I kind of want hdmi anyway.
EDIT: I don't know if this matters, but system information says "this computer doesn't contain any PCI cards."
Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:28 AM
Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:42 AM
Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:47 AM
It was designed as a desktop gaming computer by Dell, so the large case was meant to look powerful and the 1000W PSU to cope with the power demands of a gaming PC......
I will paste an EFI string for you to try in a little while.....see my nForce OS X Lion Retail Install Guide.......
Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:55 AM
It is good to see a nForce 680i (with C55XE Northbridge and MCP55PXE Southbridge chipset) MOBO still being used as a OSx86 hack. I will paste an EFI string for you to try in a little while.....see my nForce OS X Lion Retail Install Guide.......
That thread was incredibly helpful, that's what I did the install with. Thanks so much for that guide. I see you're using a nforce with 667mhz ram but mine is clocked at 800. Did it just automatically OC yours? I need to upgrade the ram since this thing only has 3 gigs.
Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:45 PM
Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:07 PM
I have a G92 512MB GeForce 9800 GT that is using NVEnabler 64.kext in /S/L/E running 10.7.5 on my nForce 650i MOBO with a Quad Core Q6600 OC'd to 3.0 GHz 6GB of 667 MHz DDR2 RAM manually OC'd to 800 MHz.....
I use a DSDT with a GFX0 patch to drive it in 10.8.3..........I use NVEnabler 64.kext in /S/L/E to drive it in 10.8.2.......I use a EFI Graphics string or GraphicsEnabler = Yes to drive it in 10.6.3, 10.6.5, 10.6.8.......I use NVEnabler 0.1.kext to drive it in 10.5.8......
Here are two 8800 GT 512 MB EFI graphics strings (from the .hex files) to put in
GeForce 8800GT 512MB.zip 2.94KB 14 downloads
Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:33 PM
Also I don't know how much it matters but I don't have a property edited DSDT yet. I just extracted it with DSDTSE, fixed the errors, and compiled it. So maybe it's not recognizing it because of that.
I would just get a cheap graphics card that it's compatible but I'm concerned that it's something about the motherboard that would keep any card from being detected properly.
EDIT: I just tried my 6850 in this computer and it's recognized natively. So it's detecting the PCI slots correctly. I also put the 8800GT in my other computer, and it recognized it correctly OOB with full qe/ci. Weird. Maybe it's time to try Mountain Lion?
Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:19 PM
Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:05 AM
You can also extract your original DSDT.aml file off the PC using the Ubuntu Live DVD, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and then go to the Terminal and type either
cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml
for Ubuntu 11.xx and later, or
cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"
sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > DSDT.aml
for Ubuntu 10.xx or earlier
In either case, the extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools.
Run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, then send me a download link for this file and for your extracted DSDT.aml file....
Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:22 PM
Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:24 PM
Please resend link for ioreg as the first file is corrupted.
Sorry about that. I think it may have been how saved it. I had to add the file extension because it didn't do it automatically. Does that sound right?
Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:27 PM
Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:36 PM
No. You need to use the IOReg function "Save as a Copy......"
Yeah that's what I did. I did a quick search though and I just found out that the version I used is known to produce corrupt files. I'll use the one in dsdte as soon as I get to my computer.
Edit: This one should work, I tested it and it opens up. http://d-h.st/3pG
Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:57 AM
Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:51 PM
- jamiethemorris likes this
Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:13 AM
As for audio (HDEF) as it does not currently have an audio section.........there is no Name (_ADR, 0x000F0001) line in your DSDT to match the lspci output line:
00:0f.1 Audio device : nVidia Corporation MCP55 High Definition Audio [10de:0371] (rev a2)
so I have put Device (HDEF) inside Device (PCI0) where pci10de,371 resides......
assuming your built-in audio is the SIGMATEL STAC-927X......using VoodooHDA.......
Patched RTC TMR PIC DTGP GFX0 HPET LPCB HDEF.zip 23.31KB 1 downloads
I have not done anything much with your HPET section except fix it for OS X use until you see if OS X power management works with your current HPET section......follow my guide for setting it up......at your own risk......
Patched RTC TMR PIC DTGP GFX0 HPET LPCB.zip 22.77KB 1 downloads
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users