• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

falanx

falanx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

I'm trying this on my laptop. In my dsdt there isn't any Device (HUBN) so neither PR1x's.. Any tips?

Voskot

Voskot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I'm trying this on my laptop. In my dsdt there isn't any Device (HUBN) so neither PR1x's.. Any tips?

I was trying to follow the guide for my laptop (Asus UX32A) and I'm in the same situation. 

Does anyone know what to do?

bozma88

bozma88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:HighCRI lighting, web frameworks, Hackintosh, 2-strokes bikes, Wankel-powered cars.

Thank you to the OP for this guide, it perfectly fixes all my problems with USB!

My platform is Intel native and I was using Zenith kext to enable multiplexing on 10.10.

Looooots of bugs with that kext, including:

- Very often devices do not work when first plugged, and have to be plugged again in another port to work

- USB devices very slow to be recognised sometimes (usb audio cards, for example)

- Delayed shutdown (computer shuts down but stays powered for another 10 secs with black screen before shutting down)

- Sudden wake from sleep in certain conditions

This DSDT patch, instead, is perfect. Thank you!

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 8,702 posts

Hi, i have a doubt...

The part about PR11 and following I find it under the device EHC1 both in device EHC2, I must add "Name (MUXS, "XHCA")" even in device PR11 and following under EHC2?

Now i've applied the code under EHC1 section only, and all works well.. 

chriz74

chriz74

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Is there any news as how to get this patch working on Intel hm76 chipset laptops? The DSDT doesn't have a HUBN device nor PRxx.

bozma88

bozma88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:HighCRI lighting, web frameworks, Hackintosh, 2-strokes bikes, Wankel-powered cars.

A question for you all:

This patch works perfectly, but sometimes when I go into standby the USB ports remain powered.

It seems that if I put the computer to sleep early after boot, the ports stay powered, and if I put it after some time they correctly power down during sleep.

Any ideas?

chriz74

chriz74

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

good news people, I was able to patch the DSDT (lacking HUBN) of an HM76 laptop (asus) to enable usb 3.0 super speed, however when I tried to plug an usb 2.0 device into the usb 3.0 port the system freezed, maybe it's a problem related to what ports I named MUXS. I will make a new post regarding this patch so maybe someone can look into it and help.

falanx

falanx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

good news people, I was able to patch the DSDT (lacking HUBN) of an HM76 laptop (asus) to enable usb 3.0 super speed, however when I tried to plug an usb 2.0 device into the usb 3.0 port the system freezed, maybe it's a problem related to what ports I named MUXS. I will make a new post regarding this patch so maybe someone can look into it and help.

How did you get to work without without HUBN? I tried to get it to work but couldn't and the kext is too buggy for me. USB 3.0 is the last thing I need to get my fully working hackintosh. :D I'd like to see how you did it to get to work at least, maybe together we could dig deeper and get it working for both of us properly. That'd be great. :D

davidm71

davidm71

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 226 posts

Thanks to the Op for this guide. These dsdt edits helped get rid of the 'not enough power to usb port' error message in the boot log. Though I was wondering about the structure of OS specific conditional statements as I plan on multibooting and want a different code path for Darwin vs Windows. Is this for instance correct:

Store (0x07D0, OSYS)
            If (CondRefOf (\_OSI, Local0))
            {
                If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
                {
                    //darwin code
                }

If (_OSI ("Linux"))
                {
                    //linux code
                }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2001"))
                {
                    //windows code
                }

Is there also an 'if else' way of putting it?

Thanks.

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 5,160 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

hello

the patched dsdt only will be used by OS X

good hack

davidm71

davidm71

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 226 posts
I integrated my dsdt into my rom bios so not just OS X would see it or use it.

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Cats

I integrated my dsdt into my rom bios so not just OS X would see it or use it.

Extremely bad idea! Looks like you are looking for trouble with your computer...  :no:

Mieze

davidm71

davidm71

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 226 posts
I have dual bios and I'm not afraid to test the limits of what can be done!

For what it's worth been playing around with ozmosis..

I feel like the other Rob Lowe whose looking for trouble. Don't be like the other me..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy