Booting in verbose mode: sleep/awake and USB devices

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm the lucky owner of a Mac Pro 1,1 (bought in 2006, I upgraded it with 2 Intel Xeon x5355 processors and now it is a 2,1) and user of Chameleon, in order to have the kernel running at 64 bit and to enjoy Mountain Lion.

Everything is working like a charm, apart the problem that happens when, after putting my Mac to sleep and awakening it, I connect a USB device.

In fact, if I boot Chameleon in normal mode, after awakening and connecting a USB device I experience a kernel panic, but if I boot in verbose mode the problem disappears (except in very rare circumstances).

I am sure that Chameleon is a very interesting and genial project, but unfortunately at the moment I don't have the time to study it.

What happens when you boot in verbose mode?

I would like to boot anyway in normal mode, because verbose mode is rather intimidating, with those hundreds of lines of commands during the bootup process.

Can someone help?

Thank U! :idea:

post-1143402-0-02390200-1365593745_thumb.jpg

Last Message from Console.txt

Extra.zip

@iFire

Thanks for your interest and prompt response! :)

I'm going to attach in the original message also the compressed Extra Folder.

Oh… I didn't see that I can attach the compressed Extra Folder also here, with the Full Editor: I'm doing the same thing here.

Extra.zip

ok, I patched your DSDT, replace this two files, try these one and change your boot.plist for these one too

Look if work for you,

Good Luck!!!!

Edit. Use app Kext Wizard for repairpermissions/rebuildcaches/reboot

Patched.zip

• Like 1

Dear iFire,

U R ***GREAT***! :thumbsup_anim:

Many many thanks for your interest in solving the problem!

I have done many tests, and everything is working fine even in normal mode: only 1 time the Mac Pro froze, after I awaked him and switched on my external speakers (USB connected), but it was a case, and anyway this happened sometimes also before, with the verbose mode.

In the following tests the problem has not occurred anymore.

I would not want too much advantage of your availability, but… can I ask you another couple of questions?

I don't understand why when I restart the Mac, the external speakers switch off (really this "problem" is of secondary importance).

And I would like to know if there is a chance to restore the recovery partition with Chameleon, or if this is impossible with a Hackintosh.

After installing Mountain Lion following the Jabbawok's method on my real Mac:

http://www.jabbawok.net/?p=47

the recovery partition disappeared.

:thanks_speechbubble:

Thanks again! :D

ok, I patched your DSDT, replace this two files, try these one and change your boot.plist for these one too

Look if work for you,

Good Luck!!!!

Edit. Use app Kext Wizard for repairpermissions/rebuildcaches/reboot

Patched.zip

OMG… my Mac Pro has started to crash again… and I don't understand why. :(

I'm enclosing a message from Chameleon (verbose mode).

Can someone help?

The problem only happens, after sleep/awake, when it comes the moment to connect a USB device, and I'm very respectful of the environment.

Thank you

post-1143402-0-78914300-1366292735_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Finally I solved the problem with a clean installation of the system!   
Now, after 3 weeks, I can cry Victory without the fear that it's too soon.
Anyway it's important that I boot Chameleon with the boot flag -f and using Kernel cache:
   <key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <string>-f</string>
   <key>UseKernelCache</key>
   <string>Yes</string>

Long live the Mac Pro 1,1!

Thanks