AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement will not work!

Concha

27 posts in this topic

I've been trying to eliminate the need for NullCPUPowerManagement.kext because I didn't need it with Snow Leopard but when I remove it, the computer freezes about 30 seconds after reaching the desktop.

I read that it required AppleLPC.kext in order to work, so I followed some instructions to patch it for my system, but even with AppleLPC, the results are the same. The only difference that I've noticed is sometimes I get a kernel panic instead of a freeze with the message 'CPU 1 Has no HPET assigned to it' (???). I've also tried 'Enable P-States' and 'Enable C-States' in chameleon, but whatever I do, it's either a kernel panic or a freeze. I don't understand why it's so opposed to working when it was fine in Snow Leopard...

I've read about patching the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement extension as a solution but can't find any instructions on how to do it. Am I losing some kind of performance by not having CPUPowerManagement working? Please help.

The CPU is a 2.33 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon and the motherboard was made by Gigabyte.

The motherboard is fully compatible with ML, download and try this patch;

Instructions: open terminal and copy/paste this commands:

cd ~/Downloads/AICPMPatch

sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch

Or you can try the kext attached

AICPMPatch.zip

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

The motherboard is fully compatible with ML, download and try this patch;

Instructions: open terminal and copy/paste this commands:

cd ~/Downloads/AICPMPatch <Enter>

sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch <Enter>

Or you can try the kext attached

Hi, carbo178. I am curious about what AICPMpatch did? Can you explain it to me ? :D

I used this kext before patching the bios of my Asus in signature with ML 10.8.1, and worked, in the sense that replaced nullcpupm and I had no random KP.

Then I wanted a vanilla system and i put the bios patched with native appleintelcpupm

I tried both your patch and the included kext. The kext produced the same result (CPU 1 has no HPET assigned to it / CPU 2 has no HPET assigned to it) and when I tried to use the patch, it said 'already patched or untested version'. I read that I could remove some lines from the patch file in order to get it to work and I tried it. It seemed successful but, after rebooting, I was still faced with the HPET error and a freeze... What am I doing wrong? :(

I am using 10.8.3

Hi Concha,

I think you need a DSDT for the motherboard, and the bios updated to the latest version.

For now put nullcpupm, download DSDT Editor, extract and post the DSDT

P.S. Hi Micky, all OK?

Hi Concha,

I think you need a DSDT for the motherboard, and the bios updated to the latest version.

For now put nullcpupm, download DSDT Editor, extract and post the DSDT

Here's the DSDT.aml file from the DSDT editor. Is this what's needed or is it the .dsl one?

DSDT.aml.zip

This is fine, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow, because now I'm at work and I can not download and patch it, we feel tomorrow

Greetings

That's fine, of course! I do not mind waiting. Thank you so much for helping me ^^

omg it works!! I've been on my desktop for about 10 minutes now (without NullCPUPowerManagement) and it hasn't frozen or exploded :o Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it very much.

But now, there is a problem, I have no sound... and the speaker icon is greyed out. This is because I must delete VoodooHDA.kext now? Or.. ?

Thank you again for getting me this far.

Hi. You don't need to patch the AICPUPM.kext for C2D platforms, is only for most of the Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge platforms. See more information: http://www.insanelym...tain-lion-1083/

Hi juanerson,

thanks for reporting, otherwise I would not have noticed the confusion in my archive kext; for every hack I built I created a folder containing instructions, kext, dsdt and Extra folder, but in the folder of P35-DS3 I accidentally put some kext for the P7P55D, among which also aicpupm... now I have to review all the folders <_>

Sorry for my bad english