Really need help with the tseug's Guide for installating ML

jkb242

2 posts in this topic

Referring to the guide entitled:

[GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Mountain Lion

it certainly looks pretty simple but I'm not that profecient with Terminal commands but at step 4 something seems to have been omited. It would appear that the install folder is copied to the USB drive formated with a volume name boot. The terminal command in step 4 returns command not found. Something obviously was omitted that was apparently an obvious step to the seasoned MAC terminal user. I just want to finish the proceedure, by making the USB bootable then booting from it to complete the installation of ML. I am stuch and really need some help, please. I gave up on the Vanilla prodecure as it too apparently omited some steps in the last part of section 2B.

Would someone please help me through this.

Thanks!!

Please stop and think for a moment about the way you're asking for help. You're substantially lessening your chances of getting any - there are two problems with your post - only someone who knows the guide you're referring to by heart will be able to help you, and nobody can see what's going on on your monitor from here, the psychics in the Hackintosh scene have all defected to the TonyMac forums.

You should post a link to the guide and type out the command exactly as you're typing it so that someone can actually see what you're doing wrong. You know, make it easy to help you.

If you don't see anybody else in the thread complaining about the same thing then you are probably wrong - not the guide.