New! Pandora's Box Beta is Out

29 posts in this topic

I have been reading all the posts Quiet happy that some magic has come for all of us...which can make the installation more smoother and easy...but i am stuck some where  else...i am using Lion10.7.2 for past one year doing studio recording jobs and making backups since then in time machine...quite few day back i came to know that it is all useless since while system restoration u need to have some other boot resources to work...i have been wondering on forums to fine various solution/ views...but not satisfied...i am worried if some thing happens...   is this magic Pandora can solve some problem...I have my IAtkos 10.7.2 installer on my DVD...and time machine backup on Go Flex 2 TB Fire wire drive....I Also Wanted to upgrade to ML 10.8.4...Pls give some solution....thanx in Advance....

I have been reading all the posts Quiet happy that some magic has come for all of us...which can make the installation more smoother and easy...but i am stuck some where  else...i am using Lion10.7.2 for past one year doing studio recording jobs and making backups since then in time machine...quite few day back i came to know that it is all useless since while system restoration u need to have some other boot resources to work...i have been wondering on forums to fine various solution/ views...but not satisfied...i am worried if some thing happens...   is this magic Pandora can solve some problem...I have my IAtkos 10.7.2 installer on my DVD...and time machine backup on Go Flex 2 TB Fire wire drive....I Also Wanted to upgrade to ML 10.8.4...Pls give some solution....thanx in Advance....

Make with Carbon Copy Cloner a clone of your system. If you have a guid formated hd and free space make a new partion and install 10 8.4 on it. Only for System around 15 GB are enough. If everthing is ok, you can enlarge this partion then.

Have fun.

• Like 1

Make with Carbon Copy Cloner a clone of your system. If you have a guid formated hd and free space make a new partion and install 10 8.4 on it. Only for System around 15 GB are enough. If everthing is ok, you can enlarge this partion then.

Have fun.

Thanks dear... i am having GUID Partition table and already have two partition as Macintosh HDD and DATA HDD on 1TB HD... 1st partition is left with 114 gb enough space according to your suggestion...now the thing is, if i clone with CCC ...and any thing messy happens, will it boot back to restore...??? as i have seen many queries regarding blinking cursor..with ccc too...becoz it does not backup boot loader file...i dont fall into risking my system, as i have tonnes of  recording softwares installed and some of them have really crazy patching methods...now back to point 1 after installation of 10.8.4 how will my softwares work on to it...as they are on 10.7.2....??? :(

You have to install the bootloader too. If you have space on your firewire hd and the port is bootable do the clone there and you have a working backup on an other hd. This would be the best solution. If you have a hd crash and your clone is on the same disk, then it is lost. Even if you have to pull out the external hd out of the enclouser to you it internal for being bootable with it, seems to be better. You can emigrate your programs to 10 8.4. If they are 64 bit, there should be not a real problem. Perhaps you can get some updates to be compatible with them to ML.

Have fun.

• Like 1