Bug Reporting

eep357

41 posts in this topic

I'm using Path Finder and have enabled "Show Path Finder desktop" and "Disabled Finder's desktop". When I have enabled these options I get the following error when I use Pandora: "53:59: execution error: Finder got an error: Can’t get bounds of window of desktop. (-1728)". I never have encountered an application that has trouble with Path Finder.

It's a problem for you, because the error that you have seen, refers to osascript which seeks the maximum size of a Finder window (with Apple Finder) to find the right size for the window of Pandora, based on what osascript returns.

I can not change the method, at least ninth short time!

However, a new Pandora.app TEST VERSION is available here:  post nr2

Micky

• 2 weeks later...
  Adopting on-disk ownership on  ...

vsdbutil: Couldn't get volume information for '': No such file or directory

vsdbutil: no valid volume UUID found on '': No such file or directory

[Process completed]

it wont get passed this...

Hi,

I would like to try this tool but it tell me that i haven't enough space on my usb stick. But my usb has 16GB Oo

I ran into this problem, ap3, but I solved it by going back and repartitioning the boot stick. It took. For some reason, Pandora  didn't want to erase my old installer.

I ran into this problem, ap3, but I solved it by going back and repartitioning the boot stick. It took. For some reason, Pandora  didn't want to erase my old installer.

Is implicit, that formatting your USB stick beforehand, using disk utility, it is the right thing.

Most likely OSx does not allow you to format disks for various reasons, one may be that its file system is not compatible, or even because the volume is in use by Spotlight (Indexing). for this in the next version I applied some changes, including that of the problem of 16 GB stick.

A new update will be available during the day today

Micky

Adopting on-disk ownership on  ...
vsdbutil: Couldn't get volume information for '': No such file or directory
vsdbutil: no valid volume UUID found on '': No such file or directory

[Process completed]

it wont get passed this...

With the next update, you can do it.

Micky

Got a kernel panic when trying to USB install Mountain Lion 10.8.3 with Pandora's Box.

To properly evaluate the errors, I always need the logs made by Pandora, and you're holding it.
Anyway I'm seeing that you're using AMD kernel,

AMD FX Six-Core Processor

but I think you forgot to install the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, which is essential for AMD processors. The kext mentioned, disable the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext that you need to disable the Intel SpeedStep available on each real Mac Intel based.
You will understand that her name (AppleIntel..) already can not get along with AMD.

Redo the USB Installer with an option that includes the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and try again.
Sorry, but this is not a bug.

Micky

fail to create installer Maverik.dmg DP1

© 2013 insanelymac.com

Copiando Paquetes desde la imagen principal de Mac OS X..

building file list ... 

rsync: link_stat "/Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/Packages" failed: No such file or directory (2)

0 files to consider

rsync: mkdir "/Volumes/PandoraMEM/System/Installation" failed: No such file or directory (2)

rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/main.c(544) [receiver=2.6.9]

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes received so far) [sender]

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/io.c(452) [sender=2.6.9]

Copiando mach_kernel y boot.efi desde la imagen principal de Mac OS X...

cp: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/mach_kernel: No such file or directory

cp: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/boot.efi: No such file or directory

cp: directory /Volumes/PandoraMEM/private/tmp does not exist

chmod: /Volumes/PandoraMEM/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory

chown: /Volumes/PandoraMEM/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory

---- lipo is in place!

---- txt are in place!

Copiando OSInstall.mpkg para ser modificado

cp: /Volumes/PandoraMEM/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg: No such file or directory

Error opening xar archive: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/OSInstall.mpkg

sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution: No such file or directory

sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution: No such file or directory

sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution_buffer: No such file or directory

sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution_buffer: No such file or directory

:~ iFIRE$ 

© 2013 insanelymac.com

building file list ... 

rsync: link_stat "/Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/Packages" failed: No such file or directory (2)

0 files to consider

rsync: mkdir "/Volumes/PandoraMEM/System/Installation" failed: No such file or directory (2)

rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/main.c(544) [receiver=2.6.9]

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/io.c(452) [sender=2.6.9]

cp: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/mach_kernel: No such file or directory

cp: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/boot.efi: No such file or directory

---- lipo is in place!

---- txt are in place!

cp: /Volumes/PandoraMEM/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg: No such file or directory

Error opening xar archive: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/OSInstall.mpkg

I encounter this same issue.

Any ideas?  ^_^

Edit: Copied the Mavericks DP1 installer app from the .dmg to applications; seemed to resolve the problem.

I encounter this same issue.

Any ideas?  ^_^

Edit: Copied the Mavericks DP1 installer app from the .dmg to applications; seemed to resolve the problem.

© 2013 insanelymac.com

building file list ... 

0 files to consider

---- lipo is in place!

---- txt are in place!

Can I have the entire log? Senza titolo.png

precisely the image is not mounted, error comes before..

Micky

Ah!  :hysterical: , sorry no offense :blush: , but you made me laugh really :lol: .

I hope that the users extract the app, from the "container image" before giving to Pandora.

Pandora accepts only .app extensions, or the true image extracted from the app, called InstallESD.dmg

app.png or its dmg.png

Micky

Can I have the entire log? attachicon.gifSenza titolo.png

precisely the image is not mounted, error comes before..

Micky

Ah!  :hysterical: , sorry no offense :blush: , but you made me laugh really :lol: .

I hope that the users extract the app, from the "container image" before giving to Pandora.

Pandora accepts only .app extensions, or the true image extracted from the app, called InstallESD.dmg

attachicon.gifapp.png or its attachicon.gifdmg.png

Micky

Haha, no offense taken; I knew it only accepted the app or InstallESD.dmg, but I think in my excitement I just skipped over that obvious step.  :whistle:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...