Quick Hardware Overview
CPU: AMD Athlon II 620 Quad-Core - Working!
LAN: NForce - Working!
RAM: 6 gb - Working!
Audio: ALC 888s - Working!
Graphics: NVIDIA geforce 9100 - Does not work with the AMD kernel.
No nvidia graphics card will, but you
seriously need to upgrade if you're still
using onboard graphics anyway lol
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4650 - This is the card I had laying around and is what I'm using -- Working w/ perfect QE/CI!
Xcode + Simulator - Working!
Note: I know Xcode isn't hardware, but the functionality of it was a
concern of mine when I started out but don't worry they both work fine.
Sleep does not work! Make sure to turn it off in System preferences
Download this stuff
^AMD Kernel, More stable
NOTE: The striked out kernel had some issues with Xcode and Kobold2d especially. It would just
randomly crash for an "unexpected" reason. The new kernel doesn't seem to have this problem!
http://www.osx86.net..._-_1249_...html - AppleHDA patched for ALC888s better than Voodoo imo
http://www.osx86.net...nforce_lan.html - Ethernet, Download nForceLAN_0.64.5.mpkg.zip
NOTE: Only download this if you have this graphics card. It's useless other wise.
http://www.osx86.net...ntain_lion.html - ATI Radeon HD 4650</a
Step - Remember to fix S/L/E with myHack or Kext Wizard or whatever you prefer before every reboot/shutdown while
setting up just in case!
1. Create a MyHack OSX 10.8 installer using a 10.8.2 image (installESD.dmg or .app) downloaded through the app store.
NOTE: You can probably use a 10.8 installer if you'd prefer for some reason, make sure to find a 10.8 amd kernel though
2. Reboot and boot from the newly created USB installer. When you see the Darwin loader screen type:
amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v -legacy PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000
3. Now just go through the install process like normal. Make sure to say yes to the three pop-up dialogs that will appear near the end.
4. Reboot, and using linux, MacDrive in windows, or anything that can read the HFS partition, transfer the amd_kernel from your usb drive to the root of the Mac partition.
5. Reboot, and type the same arguments used in step 2 and then your mac should boot and you will be welcomed to set up your mac. Note: not much will work at this point.
1. Install nForceLAN_0.64.5.mpkg.zip
2. Click 'Go', 'Go To Folder', then type '/' and click enter. Finder will open a window at the root of your Mac. Navigate to "System/Library/Extensions" and find nForceLAN.kext
3. Right click it and click 'Show Package Contents', then go into 'Contents' and find info.plist. Copy that to your desktop and open it in text edit.
4. Find this line:
Change it to:
1. Simply download the Voodoo HDA 2.8.2 kext and install to S/L/E using Kext Wizard, then run the MyHack 'myFix' to fix things up, next restart and it should work.
- If you cant hear audio then go to "System Prefrences" and at the bottom click on "Voodoo HDA" and then on the left there will be two drop down boxes. Drop
down the second one and there should be two options click the unchecked one then move the input Gain up and check 'Use SSE2"
-To do the above automatically at login, Open System Preferences, click 'Users and Groups', click 'Login Items', click the '+' and find the 'VoodooHDASettingsLoader.app'.
Fix Graphics - Ati Radeon HD 4650
1. Simply download all kexts from link and follow the instructions in the description. Make sure to pay attention to the directions I messed up the first time I tried.
Update: USB Fix- I was having an issue with the right USB port on the front side and getting an "unable to obtain ownership from bios" error message at boot. To fix this check
'USB Legacy Off" in Chameleon wizard or type 'USBLegacyOff=Yes' at boot.