Abit IP35 Pro - OSX86 Questions

Coke734

7 posts in this topic

Looking to convert my old (circa 2007) PC to OSX and have a few questions for you guys before I get started.

First, my setup:

MB: Abit IP35 Pro (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127030)

CPU: Intel Q6600

MEM: 2x2GB DDR2 800

VID: 8800GT (unsure if 256MB or 512MB, will have to check)

I have done some reading around this site and elsewhere that people have seen success installing Snow Leopard and Lion with this board, is it possible to install Mountain Lion? Is it possible to install the latest OSX directly or is it necessary to start with a specific version and upgrade from there?

Anyone see any issues with the hardware I have listed? I can provide more details if needed but currently at work and PC is at home.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice, looking forward to the project!

Everything looks good.

I used the 8800 in a side build and it works perfectly.

Was yours 256MB or 512MB? I'm not sure on mine but leaning 512 right now. Hoping for compatibility!

Everything looks good.

I used the 8800 in a side build and it works perfectly.

Also: Glad you think everything looks compatible. How about install procedure, though? I have a MacBook with Mountain Lion installed, and I know I'll be able to format and setup the flash drive on that. Not sure what is the highest/most-current version of OSX (SL, Lion, ML) I'll be able to install? And if I'll have to start with one of them and upgrade from there? Thanks again!

If you already have Mac OS X in your MacBook, that means you already own the system, so that process would not be software piracy (but as all things hackintosh, will violate Apple's EULA):

1) Download Carbon Copy Cloner;

2) Use an external USB case or docking bay to connect the HDD of your PC to your Mac, and use DiskUtility to format this HD as Guid Partition Table, HFS journaled;

3) Start Carbon Copy Cloner and clone your Mac HD to your PC HD;

4) Download the latest Chameleon package (see Bootloaders subforum) and run it, making sure to install it to your externally connected PC HDD. If you install on your Mac by mistake, you'll break it;

5) Put your HD back into your PC and try to boot from it. Use the flags -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Y;

6) Post screenshots here to further help.

Best regards!

• Like 1

If you already have Mac OS X in your MacBook, that means you already own the system, so that process would not be software piracy (but as all things hackintosh, will violate Apple's EULA):

1) Download Carbon Copy Cloner;

3) Start Carbon Copy Cloner and clone your Mac HD to your PC HD;

Best regards!

Meh, Carbon Copy Cloner is a waste of download. Builtin CLI app asr FTW. Heh.

Example (/dev/disk0s2 being from mac drive, /dev/diskXsY where X and Y are the USB disk and partition number)

sudo asr restore /dev/disk0s2 /dev/diskXsY -erase -noverify

How are things, theconnactic? :-P Decided to visit the ol' forum after a long break.

• Like 1