No spinning wheel on iATKOS L2, only apple logo on startup - Please help !

customizer

5 posts in this topic

I succesfully installed iATKOS L2 ( Lion ) on my PC, at least I have good onboard sound and can choose a screen resolution of 1280 x 720 which fills enterely my 1366 x 768 screen monitor. I can also connect well to Internet. But the strange thing is that when I boot on to Mac I get the grey screen with the apple but there is no spinning wheel !.....The boot logo shows in 1024 x 768 filling the whole monitor screen with the apple a little wide. It doesn´t matter to me if the boot logo is not perfect resolution, but I would like to see the spinning wheel which normally shows in all Mac OS X Leopard and Lion releases ! strong>ression.gif

If I install iATKOS S3 v2 instead, the spinning wheel shows well while booting, but I discarded the idea of using Snow Leopard because it does not recognize my nVidia graphics card !

My PC is a 3 GHZ Pentium Dual Core E5700 with 4 GB Ram, and a Nvidia GT 430 graphics card and ASRock motherboard with built in Atheros Lan card and audio built in.

Can anyone please let me know how to get the spinning wheel back when booting Mac, or any suggestion to fix the issue ?....thanks in advance!

I believe you can boot with the -v (verbose) boot flag with iATKOS?

Definitely needed for ANY sort of diagnostics to be made. It should hang somewhere (kernel panic) which is why you aren't seeing any progress. Boot with -v and report back what text you see.

Have you tried the official iATKOS forums?

I believe you can boot with the -v (verbose) boot flag with iATKOS?

Definitely needed for ANY sort of diagnostics to be made. It should hang somewhere (kernel panic) which is why you aren't seeing any progress. Boot with -v and report back what text you see.

Have you tried the official iATKOS forums?

Thanks for your reply. I don´t know if it is a kernel panic, as I have put the kernel flag [-f ] in my boot.plist to prevent caches from hanging my boot.

Anyway the boot has progress as I can reach the Mac desktop, can listen to music, watch videos, use internet, etc. I manage to do this by using the [ -f ] kenel flag in my boot.plist as said before. The problem is that I don´t see the spinning wheel while booting, only the apple on a grey screen. It looks like it was a fixed image with no animation.

I will try to boot without the flag [ -f ] to see if it is a matter of caches problem and use verbose mode to see what happens, and come back later.

Thanks for your reply. I don´t know if it is a kernek panic, as I have put the kernel flag -f in my boot.plist to prevent caches from hanging my boot. I will try to boot without the flag

-f to see if it is a matter of caches problem and come back later.

-f shouldn't be the problem - ignoring caches has no affect when your actual set-up is causing the panic. If you have a camera, take a picture of the -v flag readout, it should have some good info.

-f shouldn't be the problem - ignoring caches has no affect when your actual set-up is causing the panic. If you have a camera, take a picture of the -v flag readout, it should have some good info.

I went to check my installed Mac OS X Lion, booted in verbose mode and found nothing, it boots normally. I made a mistake by saying that I had put [ -f ] in the boot.Plist, now it is not there, maybe I put it at the beggining and then fixed the issue. As I said, booting with verbose mode does not show anything strange, it boots well and fast. One thing I notice is that the resolution changes from 1024 x 768 to 1280 x 720 when it shows the desktop, not before, so the graphics card is not detected inmediately but only when the Finder shows on screen.

As it was impossible for me to take a snapshot of my verbose booting, I instead show you my boot configuration. The system boots from the Chamaleon bootloader, the file is

org.chamaleon.Boot.Plist in /Extra folder, ( instead of com.apple.Boot.plist, which is in Library/Preferences/System Configuration/ )-

This is my org.chamaleon.Boot.Plist:

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Default Partition</key><

<string>hd(0,3)</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Hide Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,2)</string>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Bullet</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>npci</key>

<string>0x2000</string>

</dict>

</plist>

and here is also my "About this Mac"

About this Mac

Mac Pro

Processor: 2.99 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 797 MHZ DDR3

Graphics GeForce GT 430 1024 MB

Serial Number G880MV4XYK

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

Hope this brings more information about !

Look forward to any idea to fix the problem. Thanks !