Dual monitors. VGA-->Dsiplayport adapter-->Displayport and DVI to DVI causing main display to be boxed. Any help?

wreckthisplace

2 posts in this topic

Hey all,

So I've been trying my best to get 3 monitors working together. One connected via HDMI, one connected to the Displayport via VGA-Displayport adapter and the other with DVI. I can't find a combo that works 100%. Something strange that is happening is when I have them connected as stated above, all 3 work perfectly when all 3 are on. When I switch off the HDMI, the main display (DVI) shrinks and there are black borders around it. The second monitor (VGA to Displayport) remains the same. This also happens when I shutdown, disconnect the HDMI and reboot. Only when all 3 are on is when they all display properly. I want the ability to switch off the HDMI because it doubles as my TV so I have to change the input when I want to watch TV. I'm thinking this much have something to do with either the DVI connection or the VGA to Displayport connection because eliminating the HDMI does not solve the issue.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...