2 replies to this topic

killerhurtz2212

killerhurtz2212

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello InsanelyMac community,

I am trying to get my ASUS N73JQ fully usable with ML. I have made quiet some progress but still have some problems.
I've installed with as close to native installer with only FakeSMC and Chameleon added. After installation I generated a SMBios for a MacbookPro6,1.

These are the specs of my notebook and whether or not the component works.
BIOS: N73JQ.209
CPU: Intel i7 Q740M [AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement works native] [Turbo boost does not work]
GPU: NVIDIA GT425M 1GB [AGPM works with Legacy Kext] [Gets detected as 512M]
Bluetooth: Broadcom BT-270 [Works native]
WLAN: Atheros AR9285 [Works native with DSDT edit]
LAN: Atheros AR8131 [Works with ALXEthernet Kext]
Audio: Realtek ALC269VB [Does not work, causes video to stutter] (found a kext but internal speaker does not function)
Webcam: UVC 2.0 [Works native] [Turned right side up with iGlasses]
Keyboard: PS2 internal [Works with PS2 Kext] [No Fn keys]
TouchPad: Elan SmartPad v2[Works with tap and 2 finger scrolling using ApplePS2Controller and AppleACPIPlatform.kext] (Thanks to Lejenk)
Battery [Percentage and detection of adapter using RehabMan's AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext]

As i plan to make a guide when I have this notebook is fully working i've put my DSDT patches up on GitHub:
ASUS-N73JQ-DSDT-Patch

The following patches have been applied: DTGP, CMOS reset fix, AR9285 Airport patch, ECHI, UCHI, HPET, SMBus.

If anyone could give me a hint/criticism or explanation on how to get some of these things working i would greatly appreciate it. For the audio problem I am going to make a different post as I already made the codecverbs and figured out the node connections.

Thx in advance

Edited by killerhurtz2212, 01 March 2013 - 03:03 PM.

Lejenk

Lejenk

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
Hi,

For the Turbo Boost and the correct detection of the vRAM, you could try adding the information of the devices to your DSDT. An SSDT could also work for the CPU.
What kext did you use for the audio? VoodooHDA or a patched AppleHDA?
About the touchpad, is it just the gestures that do not work?
And about the battery, search for a patched AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext, or try VoodooBattery.

For the webcam, you can use iGlasses to flip the image: http://ecamm.com/mac/iglasses/ (Don't know about a freeware alternative, sorry)

Hope this helps a bit.

Attached my ApplePS2Controller.kext, if touchpad does not function at all, you could give it a try. And the SmartBattery...
Make backups before replacing.

Attached Files

killerhurtz2212

killerhurtz2212

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you Lejenk for reacting,

I excuse for my late reaction, school consumed a large part of my time this week.

For the audio I tried out VoodooHDA, it detected all of the sound inputs and outputs correctly however it failed to output any sound. I am currently using the AppleHDA from this thread: http://www.insanelym...n/#entry1869788, this one functions but only outputs on the front headphones jack.

As for the touchpad, it was not functioning at all, after installing your ApplePS2COntroller.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext, I have both tapping and two finger scroll.

The battery monitor now functions, I however used the AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext made by RehabMan. after the one you attached failed to recognise the plugging in of my adapter.

I am currently reading up on Turbo Boost/SpeedStep and SDDT editing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy