Snow Leopard on a Macbook Pro 2012 MD101 core i5 Ivy Bridge (success)

4 posts in this topic

Hi

First of all I must say that English it's not my main language, so forgive me for any mistakes in my writing :(

Well I've managed toi install Snow Leopard on my macbook pro 2012 MD101 ivy brigde core i5, Why Snow Leopard? because I need that OS to run Protools HD9 and because for me it's way better than Lion and ML (but that's a personal opinion so I dont mean to argue about that)

The thing is that I've found a way to install SL on this mac, Even so that many people told me it's not possible because the snow leopard kernel and all...

Well I'll explain how I did it:

1) I conect the macbook pro to my hackintosh in target mode (pressing "T" on boot)

2) I restore the OSX drive of my hackinghtosh ( core i7 950 / Gigabyte x58a-ud5/ 6 Gb OZC ram / Nvidia GTX 275) to the harddrive of the macbook pro

3) After restoration ends, I explore the macbook pro restored osx partition and delete the "mach_kernel" file and replace it with this one http://www.osx86.net...d_10.6._...html

4) I delete the "extra" folder in the restored osx partition of the macbook

5) reboot and booted to snow leopard with no problems or KP

6) Install AppleHDA, IOAudio2Family and IOAudioFamily kexts that I extracted using pacifist from this update

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1542 to enable audio

and well almost everything's perfect, SL undertand the cpu model, cores, frequency, ram, etc.

THE ONLY PROBLEM... it's the intel HD4000 video... it's not recognized I mean I have image and all, but no Acceleration and the most important thing for me... I can't use the mini display port for conecting an external monitor to the macbook

That's why I post here, to ask if anyone can help me in this, I searched everywhere but I could not find guides or any post of someone doing the same thing :(

• 5 years later...

Amazing post. I love what you're doing max_frozenheart! I'm working on this as well. I have not tried the sound fix YET, but I've extracted the update and pulled the kexts, and will try. Have you managed to get the USB ports to work? This model comes with USB 3.0, but neither work, only the SD Card Reader/FireWire/CD Drive work. mach_kernel modded version 10.8.0 works to boot installer AND OS as well. Keep this thread open, I'm ganna try to get everything working, and will post back with updates.

• 8 months later...