• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

THEDUNDUNDUN

THEDUNDUNDUN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I am new here and want to get my 5970 working in Mountain Lion.

I used the ##### method of getting the OS installed and am currently at the desktop with everything working ok at the moment except for the 5970.

I have been reading and searching about it and have seen that the drivers are already in Mountain Lion for the 5000 series cards and I need to modify kexts to get it to see the card as a 5850 and disable the second GPU.

I can't quite figure out where I am actually meant to find the next files that need modifying.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
Tell me if you are comfortable with editing plist then I will tell you what needs to be done. Before going further, go About this Mac, More Info, System Report, and from the left panel select Graphics/Display. The right panel will show a bunch of info, take note of what it says in Device ID. Your 5970 should list as 0x689C. There are 2 plists in 2 kexts that should be change to reflect this card, 1 in AMSRadeonAccelerator.kext, the other in ATI5000Controller.kext.
Come back later to tell me if you are comfortable, then we will get it done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5970, 10.8.2, mountain lion, install guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy