3 replies to this topic

Temple

Temple

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello,

I got Mac OSX Snow Leopard installed on a second hard drive of my pc. So my first hard drive is a Windows and the Second hard drive is Snow leopard. Both are installed on the pc.

I can select which OS to boot on startup by entering bios.

In windows, I can't view any OSX hard drive even if it is installed, which I believe is normal. But in Mac OSX, I can view windows hard drive like local disc c and d with all programs stored on windows viewable.

Question is, since Snow leopard (secondary hard drive) can readily read my primary hard drive (Windows), is it dangerous if I install programs on my OSX like Xcode? Will they run across to Windows hard drive and make changes in secret during installation or during program use?

Thanks

Lejenk

Lejenk

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
They will not. If you do not use disk utility, you should be fine.

Temple

Temple

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok thanks, this means I can finally do some install and try out some programs. :)

Temple

Temple

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hate to double post, but I noticed several issues with my hackintosh 10.6.8 on an Asus G73JH gaming laptop:

Everything works pretty well except the following issues.

I ran xcode. It was all good up until I quited the Iphone simulator, fixed some codes, and ran iphone Simulator again. The next time I quit iPhone simulator, my hackintosh went to blue screen and automatically rebooted.

Next, I finished all necessary coding and left my hackintosh alone for like 15minutes or so. When I came back, everything was normal until like 5min later, that is when the screen turned black but the lights and everything was on. The screen was on as well. I figured the computer had some sort of screensaver. But I can't get out of the black screen. I tried clicking and typing, moving the cursor and nothing works.
edit: I tried to go to system preference and disable all sleep feature. Hopefully it works now.
I also can't shut down using the regular shut down from the apple dropdown in the top left corner. The OS shuts down okay but the computer itself doesn't and I have to press and hold the power button to shut it down.Thanks for any answer to this issue.

PS: I also noticed at one point while working with XCode that the hard drive gave a 1 second short scary beep. Wonder what that was even though it did nothing to the system and only occured once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy