FCP 5.1 crashes when attempting Quicktime Conversion

Yossarian

16 posts in this topic

Any help on this is much appreciated.

I need to export a quicktime movie that is a motion jpeg to DVCPRO50 NTSC. Whenever I go to export a quicktime movie using quicktime conversion, the application crashes.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems?

Thanks in advance.

keep in touch, i had the same error when i updated to 10.4.7 and ran Pro Applications Update from Apple ...

so i reinstalled OSX. keep 10.4.6 and never did an update anymore...

mpg import works perfect, BUT Quicktime Conversions doesn't

thats false, compressor works perfectly translating anything ot any other thing.

the only real problem is with DVSTUDIO PRO 4 wich closes itslef working with mpg movies..

Wayland r u having the same problem?

You rang? :D I haven't done too many conversions, but what I did do, DID have problems originally when I went to 10.4.6, after 10.4.7 it seemed to be ok. Something inside of the compressor program REALLY doesn't like pieces missing here and there. I tried working on it here and there, but was really unsuccessful. I did most of my export as uncompressed and then threw it over to my PC to do the rest, which it REALLY doesn't like FCP quicktime files. They preview as junk, but when compressed work fine. It's a weird toss-up. Either way I'm getting a Mac Pro finally so I can do everything on one system. If I come up with anything of how to make it work, I'll let ya know.

• 1 month later...

This issues seems to have been resolved for me by updating from 10.4.6 to 10.4.8 along with updating to the latest Quicktime.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

I need to export a quicktime movie that is a motion jpeg to DVCPRO50 NTSC. Whenever I go to export a quicktime movie using quicktime conversion, the application crashes.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems?

Thanks in advance.