Searching for success in boot options (Install DVD)

install error kernel panic Maximus V Gene Kext

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

J0ker

J0ker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:My mind and soul are stuck in 1969 ;-)
Hello, in advance I'd like to thank all users who take the time to read this post and those who reply with any information. I only have basic skills in regards to working with *nix systems. The DVD i've been using to try and install OsX is Kalyway 10.5.2. Here's an outline of what I have, and what I've tried to do.

Hardware
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570k (LGA 1155)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Gene
Ram: 16GB Corsair DDR3 Part No. CMZ8GX3M2X1600C7
Graphics: Intel Integrated HD 4000 (I also have tried everything listed with an alternate GeForce 8800 GTS)
Disk Drive: 320GB Toshiba MK3265GSXN

Error Encountered
Kernel panic on installation disk boot.

Troubleshooting Methods Tried
- I have already enabled AHCI for SATA
- I've also tried all combinations of the folowing boot options (kernel followed by boot option) by hitting F8 at the initial Darwin boot screen
speedstepkernel
Vanilla
Cpus=1
-x
-s
-f
-v

Question that still remains

I have searched this, but haven't found an easily understandable answer about kext files. Are they similar to the equivilent of a MS dll file?

If I've posted in the wrong section please let me know!

Cheers

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 918 posts
Why won't you try installing Windows 95 on Ivy Bridge hardware? You'll get the same results, and for the same reason.

markhu

markhu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I know it isn't spelled out clearly in certain how-to docs, but the main problem is that your i5-3570k CPU is so new that it isn't supported by older versions of OSx.
When people say "Ivy Bridge" CPU that means the 4-digit model number starts with a 3. So to make this easier for you, either get a newer OS, or an older CPU.

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X Mountain Lion + Chameleon + DSDT for beginners http://www.insanelym...howtopic=280756

J0ker

J0ker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:My mind and soul are stuck in 1969 ;-)
Alright, thanks guys!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: install error, kernel panic, Maximus V Gene, Kext

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy