Iatkos ML2 on hp dv9000 notebook - problem with nvidia go 7600 video card.

truztruz

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have installed iatkos ml2 (10.8.2) on my notebook, with intel core2duo t5500 processor, 2gb ram and nvidia geforce go7600 video card.

System correctly boots, but graphic is very slow as I have still not found a way to correctly enable QE/CI on my video card.

In order to boot in osx I have to delete all geforce** and nv*** extensions, as I get a kernel panic if they are under extension directory.

Graphicsenable=yes is set in boot.plist

Could you please help me to correctly enable my video card?

What kext should be under extensions directory?

I tried to install nvidia drivers but system gives panic and doesn't boot anymore.

Thank you

No The problem is: is there a 64 bit kext for geforce 7600?? Because I tried to install Lion 64 bit and ML and The system boot only in safe mode ( in system proprieties I can see that it recognise The video Card but it doesn't work properly) . If I install Lion in 32 bit The system correctly boot and The video card works ok...

Any help???

No, I still not have solved the problem. Searching on the web it seems that oldest geforce cards are not more supported by mountain lion :(

My geforce 7600 perfectly works in snow leopard.... pheraps some guru will write 64 bit kext for our video card or find some other way to enable them in mountain lion :help: