ASUS Radeon 6870 at 100% all the time

Lausannes

3 posts in this topic

tI have the latest version of iStats like you do as well as a 6870 and my FPS fluctuates in just about the same way yours does as well. Thing is though that I can't fully blame the GPU for this since the new iStat has not been without bugs in the latest release (see screenshot below). The GPU though does ramp if quite quickly from time to time just like how a CPU does its speed stepping so at one instance you'll see barely any FPS and then at another instance it will be much higher. I don't really use the iStat FPS watcher is a true accurate description, I'd rather use an actual benchmark program since I'm pretty that stressed the gpu much more than casual usage does.

btw it looks like from the way iStats labels your gpu that you're using the default RadeonFramebuffer. Just noticed it while looking at the screen shot.

Screen%20Shot%202013-01-02%20at%207.45.44%20PM.png

• 3 weeks later...

tI have the latest version of iStats like you do as well as a 6870 and my FPS fluctuates in just about the same way yours does as well. Thing is though that I can't fully blame the GPU for this since the new iStat has not been without bugs in the latest release (see screenshot below). The GPU though does ramp if quite quickly from time to time just like how a CPU does its speed stepping so at one instance you'll see barely any FPS and then at another instance it will be much higher. I don't really use the iStat FPS watcher is a true accurate description, I'd rather use an actual benchmark program since I'm pretty that stressed the gpu much more than casual usage does.

By the way it looks like from the way iStats labels your gpu that you're using the default RadeonFramebuffer. Just noticed it while looking at the screen shot.

Screen%20Shot%202013-01-02%20at%207.45.44%20PM.png

I see!

Yeah, I'm using the Duckweed right now. Should I try something else? What one are you using?

By the way, why does mine show as "AMD RADEON HD 6870 SERIES" and yours doesn't have series? :o