Success with Mountain Lion on SuperMicro X8DA3 and Asus P5Q SE2

cippolippo

1 post in this topic

Hello World !

after some successfull installs I have decided it was time to stop lurking and start giving back.

I have successfully installed Mountain Lion (ML) in these Mobos:

1) SuperMicro X8DA3 - with Zotac GeForce 210 1GB

2) Asus P5Q SE2 - with PNY NVIDIA 9600 GT 512Mb

Both install are based on the excellent job by digital_dreamer.

Regarding the SuperMicro X8DA3, the following are my notes (troubleshooting):

-) I created the USB boot stick as per instructions on the GUIDE by digital_dreamer

-) I could not boot, so I tried setting USB stick as target (in DD script) and install default kexts to it, so I finally got USB stick booting and installing

-) after install was finished, I rerun the script (from a real Mac or Hackintosh) and installed bootloader and kexts into final install,

-) reboot and restart with newly installed ML

Regarding the Asus P5Q SE2, the steps are the same as for SuperMicro, with one additional issue: at one point I had a kernel panic on AppleTyMCEDriver.kext . I removed it from S/L/E and everything is fine now.

Both of the installs were after buying Mountain Lion from AppStore. I got an install that included 10.8.2, so some issues were not documented in install guides.

Troubleshooting notes:

T1) I checked my install now and I do not see the evil* kexts now, but I remember I had the issue of PCI install begin. I bypassed it with the Evil* kexts (from 10.7 folder in DD script).

T2) At one point I had an issue with smBIOS ... I googled and it seemed to be due to 10.8.2. I had to remove this kext from FakeSMC.

T3) To boot the USB stick I used -x -f as parameter once bootloader started

I am now trying to install on a RAID 1 and having trouble, but I will create a new thread for that.

Thanks everybody for this great website, and special thanks to digital_dreamer.

Edited by cippolippo