7 posts in this topic

So I recently installed ML on the following system:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard

Core i7-3770K processor

ASUS GTX 560 Ti

G.Skill 16GB(2x8GB) SDRAM

SanDisk 240GB SSD

Samsung 1TB 7200RPM HDD

I did a dual-boot on the SSD with ML and Windows 7. I currently have everything working - including video, sound, network, shutdown/restart, USB 3 - EXCEPT for sleep. When I try to sleep, the screen turns black, but all the fans are still running and the HDD light is still blinking. If I click the mouse or press a key it comes up again with the login window. So it's acting as if it is sleeping, without actually sleeping. I suspect there may be a setting I need to change in my bios, but I'm not sure. I don't have DSDT installed, and I'd rather not, because I'd like to keep my setup as simple as possible. Supposedly DSDT is not necessary with the new Gigabyte Z77 motherboards,

Here is how I installed the OS:

I booted from a flash drive using PCIRootUID=0 (it wouldn't boot otherwise). It installed without issue. Then I used ###### to install Chameleon to the SSD along with network drivers. Then I installed the VoodooHDA kext to get the sound working. The first time I installed the OS, I installed the 10.8.2 update, and it worked with no issues. I've since reinstalled the OS using the exact same method, but I haven't installed the update yet.

I have tried deleting NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to no avail. I've also tried installing a sleep enabler. No luck. Any suggestions?

You need to keep AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (AICPUPM for short :P), but in order to use it you must either 1) patch it as coelomate1 said, or 2) patch your DSDT. You can try NullCPUPM + SleepEnabler, but that's designed for legacy Intel and AMD machines, so I can't guarantee it, and besides having full power management is better anyway. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...