Toshiba Portege M400, Native success

carpao

110 posts in this topic

I have a very old and ruined battery (10 minutes left more or less... not only in OSX) so I didn't care to get again the battery icon...

however I think that the trick to use

however did you try http://www.orange-carb.org/SBM/index.html ? installing it in tiger solved the problem to me... but I don't know if it works in leopard...

what is the average temperature of your CPUS?

Thanks for your reply, I tried the slimbattery application but it doesn't work under Leopard :-( Also the powermanagement.bundle file from Tiger doesn't fix it either.

How can I find out the CPU Temp?

Thanks for your reply, I tried the slimbattery application but it doesn't work under Leopard :-( Also the powermanagement.bundle file from Tiger doesn't fix it either.How can I find out the CPU Temp?

??? down ???

check these two links...

http://www.bresink.eu/Downloads/TemperatureMonitor.dmg

http://www.bresink.com/Downloads/TemperatureMonitor.dmg

CPU Core 1 43c

CPU Core 2 41c

Spadge

ok like me (in the average)... but often I 'm over 50... almost 60...

and sometime I'm a little afraid of that :-D

(with Tiger I reached higher temp, and I think that that ruined my battery...)

ok like me (in the average)... but often I 'm over 50... almost 60...

and sometime I'm a little afraid of that :-D

(with Tiger I reached higher temp, and I think that that ruined my battery...)

Are you still using the 3.60 BIOS? Or the much quieter 2.1N BIOS?

Carpao,

Just noticed your signature states that PCMCIA doesn't work, I'm annoyed as I haven't checked mine and I've just ordered a PCMCIA wireless card from the states (I live in the UK).

Do you know if there's anything that can be done?

Carpao,

Just noticed your signature states that PCMCIA doesn't work, I'm annoyed as I haven't checked mine and I've just ordered a PCMCIA wireless card from the states (I live in the UK).

Do you know if there's anything that can be done?

uhm... i made some temptatives in tiger, but no one in leopard... cross your fingers... and let us know

I'll let you know if I have any luck. I'll try it when it arrives and fingers crossed it might work

I tried a PCMCIA card, but I couldn't get the cardbus controller to work in 10.4.10, even after I recompiled the driver with support for this model. If you have any luck let me know. I have yet to try it in 10.5.

I tried a PCMCIA card, but I couldn't get the cardbus controller to work in 10.4.10, even after I recompiled the driver with support for this model. If you have any luck let me know. I have yet to try it in 10.5.

Thanks for your reply. i don't have a clue how to recompile the driver if it doesn't work. I'm still very much a new newbie. i may ask be asking for some assistance if that's ok?

Spadge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi ! I am M400 owner too.

I use Kaliway Leopard.

How to configure MagicTablet to work with M400?

I installed the last version, but it can't find my tablet...

Alex from Moscow, Russia.

I haven't played around with the tablet functionality yet so I'm afraid I can't help!

sorry....

Hi ! I am M400 owner too.

I use Kaliway Leopard.

How to configure MagicTablet to work with M400?

I installed the last version, but it can't find my tablet...

Alex from Moscow, Russia.

I assume that you already changed the serial configuration byinserting WAC004 like for tiger

after that I had probably your same problem: no serial detected...

what I did is:

I booted one time with the tohkernel instead of vanilla and the serial ... was there

after that i booted again with the vanilla kernel... and it was still there :-D

I received a confirmation by another user that it worked for him too... so try it and let us know

Hi, Carpao!

I assume that you already changed the serial configuration byinserting WAC004 like for tiger

after that I had probably your same problem: no serial detected...

what I did is:

I didn't use Tiger and nothing changed in Leopard' serial configuration...

I booted one time with the tohkernel instead of vanilla and the serial ... was there

after that i booted again with the vanilla kernel... and it was still there :-D

Sorry, how can I run "tohkernel" when I am using Kaliway Leopard install (EFI_8 MBR + Vanilla) ?

What sofware do u use for handwriting ?

Is there something like Ms Onenote for Mac ?

Hi, Carpao!

I didn't use Tiger and nothing changed in Leopard' serial configuration...

Sorry, how can I run "tohkernel" when I am using Kaliway Leopard install (EFI_8 MBR + Vanilla) ?

What sofware do u use for handwriting ?

Is there something like Ms Onenote for Mac ?

1) to expose the serial

Edit info.plist:

/system/library/extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist

change IONameMatch string:

PNP0501 to WAC004

2) to boot with tohkernel itis enough to write

tohkernel at the boot

3) there exists inkwell but the handwriting recognition is very primitive...

it is possible to enable it bye tabletmagic

however the pen support is good (pression, precuision etc) so the problem is the lack of software

perhaps there is something to port from the linux world...

Hi there, has anyone had any luck getting the pcmcia slot to work - im nearly at the end of the road for this machine as i just wanna get a wireless going so i can work on it... tried swapping out the minipci - no work 'cause of hardware lockout - and just recieved a cardbus one with a native driver, but no slot working, booo

ive copied the nice kexts from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;mode=linear

but they dont seem to make it work - think its the vendor / dev id thing - which for the kext in question IOPCCardFamily.kext seems to be a little complex to edit

is there anyone out there that can give me a clue on this one before I go and buy a macbook and have done with the idea of a mac tablet....

cheers

christian

Hi there, has anyone had any luck getting the pcmcia slot to work - im nearly at the end of the road for this machine as i just wanna get a wireless going so i can work on it... tried swapping out the minipci - no work 'cause of hardware lockout - and just recieved a cardbus one with a native driver, but no slot working, booo

ive copied the nice kexts from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;mode=linear

but they dont seem to make it work - think its the vendor / dev id thing - which for the kext in question IOPCCardFamily.kext seems to be a little complex to edit

is there anyone out there that can give me a clue on this one before I go and buy a macbook and have done with the idea of a mac tablet....

cheers

christian

Have you had any luck with this?

I too am trying to get a PCMCIA card to work, I have kalyway 10.5.1 (soon to be 10.5.2) what are you running