Audio defects after upgrading to Gigabyte Z77-DS3H and i7 3770

macbrush

1 post in this topic

I have upgraded my Q9450 system to i7 3770 running on Gigabyte Z77-DS3H MB. Everything went very well, except my Firewire audio interfaces. I have a M-Audio Firewire Audiophile, and a Apogee Duet Firewire, both are running on a PCI NEC chipset firewire card.

I do get sound, but whenever a new process starting playing sound, I will get sound defects in the first few seconds. So if I start listening music in iTunes, it would sound like the audio interface is trying to sync the internal clock through the firewire, and I get sound skipping and jittering for a few seconds then everything would be fine (synced), as long as I don't pause, and continue to play. However, any other process start to make any sound would make all those skipping and jittering come back for a few seconds even though another process is already making some sound.

This is fine if I am just trying to watch a movie or listen to music. But for games, since they're all multi-track, its virtually not playable, the jittering and skipping would never stop.

From the look of the finder, I am guessing my system clock is running a little fast, e.g. icons are jumping faster than usual on the dock, hence the audio interface need to re-sync every time the OS start a new sound stream. That's just my guess, and I could be very much wrong.

Any suggestion or pointer would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Kenneth

I just tried playing video on VLC, it was playing in fast forward. But since fsb has gone, I am a bit lost here. How do I set the system speed in i7 3770?

Thanks

Kenneth

[FIXED] Just installed Chimera v1.5.4 r1394 solved all problems!