Permalink for this tutorial: http://www.whatthete...oting-time-fix/
If you are dual-booting (or plan to), specifically Windows and OSX there is a small bug that creates miscommunication between the two operating systems and the system time. You will notice that when you reboot into your other operating system, the time will be WAY off. Lucky for us, there's an easy fix!
1) First, boot into windows. Now hit Start, and type regedit and hit enter.
2) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlTimeZoneInformation
3) Once there, right click somewhere in the white space, and click New DWORD (32-bit) Value
4) Name your new DWORD as RealTimeIsUniversal (note capitalization) and double click it and set the value to 1
5) Hit OK and you're done! Reboot and you should see the correct time on both operating systems!
1 reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users