Dell Inspiron 5150 iAtkos S3 v2 'Still waiting for root device'

alibabzo

62 posts in this topic

This time, it seems like all the kexts load, but then I get a blank screen. Nothing but the backlight.

Thanks so much for persevering :)

Alistair

Try adding either GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No

The first one gives me the same kernel panic, and the second one gives me the same black screen.

Ok boot with the following,

legacy_kernel arch=i386 -force64 -s and when you can type the following line by line,

mount -uw /

cd System/Library/Extensions

mkdir IntelBack

mv AppleIntelHD* IntelBack/

mv AppleIntelSNB* IntelBack/

exit

Thanks to treyhamilton25 if that works.

Ok boot with the following,

legacy_kernel arch=i386 -force64 -s and when you can type the following line by line,

When I boot with that there's no 'typing interface', just a blank screen that appears for 2 secs or so, then the computer reboots.

No kexts with filenames relating to 'NVidia' or 'GForce' or 'nvdresman' in S/L/E, but there is an 'NVSMU.kext'. There's a 'NVEnabler64.kext' in Extra/Extensions...?

Delete NVEnabler and add these kexts to System/Library/Extensions,

http://www.mediafire.com/?jwpp950810mf199

Any thoughts, anyone? I've now tried all the kernels included with Chameleon. Some reboot the computer, some kernel panic with ElliottForceLegacyRTC, but none work. I've changed around drivers, temporarily removed Extensions.mkext from /Extras...

I'm at a bit of a loose end...

:help: please!

Alistair

With boot flags -v -f, I get this:

iwixhs.jpg

I'm running Chameleon 2.2, so surely there's no need for an update (if there is one)? Is there any way to force a clock speed if it can't find it itself? do I need to do something with NullCPUPowerManagement?