• 58 posts
now I got Alps to work...

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
4/17/13 9:13:25.304 PM powerd[17]: FIXME: IOUnserialize has detected a string that is not valid UTF-8, "�+��������P���������b".

Is this the reason why my system freezes in ML?

got this from console,please help

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
or this 4/17/13 9:57:16.000 PM kernel[0]: No interval found for . Using 8000000
?

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I did the following test,I booted up my laptop TWICE with only 4gb ram in a single slot and then I oppened in chrome 17 news tabs and a youtube video and it froze in 15-17 seconds both times.Then I put my others 2gb ram along with the 4 gb ram and did the same and did not get any freeze.

During my this test I thought the issue was because of my ram cause one works at 1600mhz and the other one lower,anyway this was not the issue,but I noticed in activity monitor that the freezing occurs when free ram memory is below 800 MB.

Could this be the issue?Any ideas ? Please !!!

Does anyone experience this ? @wartomato what`s up?did you experience this ?please answer

The freezing usually happens in YouTube,any ideas?Where should I look for answers?

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi there,

sorry, but someone over here had to earn some money by going to work :-)

Well, I think I forgot some important Thing last time: I am using the MBP 8,3 SMBIOS, because thus it gives me about 7 P-states (1200 to 3050 MHz), while the "better" SMBIOSes 9,1 or 10,1 only would get me 2 P-States (1200 and 2300 MHz).

@iClock: Hmm, I've got 16 GB installed and everything is running fine as far as I can test it under Linux, Win and OSX. My "old" PC knowledge is that you should NEVER EVER mix RAM speeds.
All of my RAM chips are running aat 1333 MHz (and they came preconfigured by Acer this way...)
I hope this helps. I have currently 20 windows open to emulate your Prob, but everything is fine here (exept that I am hearing 19 voices from YouTube videos, which is strange.)
The "No Interval found for . ..." is an error that is also on my system, but didn't effect it in any way. The "FIXME"-error is one that I never saw before. Might be caused by some Kernel Extension on your system.

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi wartomato,

I reinstalled Mountain Lion after testing which kexts work best and my system is running fine now.I tested it,opened a lot of tabs and it seems to be stable.Probably there was an incompatible kext cause I installed a lot of them for testing purposes.The console does not print the message with FIXME... nomore,I assume that was the issue.

I am not using any smbios,but would like to put mbp 9,2 or 9,1 to see if my cpu speed goes more than 2,49 GHZ.I would like to ask you how do you know how many P states and C states ML sees? I use HWmonitor with FAKEsmc and plugins to view temperature and others.

Regarding the voodooPS2 you uploaded.I installed it and yes I got 2 finger scrolling but the pointer does not move very smooth.If I want to move the pointer fast from one edge of the screen to the opposite ,it moves sluggish and if I move the cursor at normal speed it works ok.However, in Windows it works best.I think the sensitivity is set to high on ML in the kext.I had to grab the ALPSmultitouch.kext from the kext which you uploaded in order to make it work cause if I install the whole kext with trackpad and keyboard system gave errors something like "duplicate kext" in the console and the system did not boot to the welcome screen.I moved the ApplePS2 kext from Extra/Extension but the issue persisted so I just installed ALPSmultitouch.kext from within the kext you uploaded.

How does your Audio work?Mine works ok,but sometimes it sounds like on the radio when not choosing the right FM frequency.I use voodooHD or something like it.Mic works only on the port if I plug external mic in the jack,the embedded mic in the screen does not work.

How about the screen brightness?I patched my DSDT with PNLF_SB,DTGP and FN KEYS from olaria site in the patches section.FN keys work:),but screen brightness is not at maximum when booting OS X only after I wake my laptop from sleep it goes to full brightness.Therefore I have to put it to sleep and then wake it up to reach full brightness.I tried to patch DSDT values but 0x64 is the maximum,which to me it means that it is a kext issue.Can you reach full brightness without sleep?

When I shut down,sometimes instead of the spinning wheel I see black text with messages like com.apple.monitor shutdown as far as I remember,is there a fix for that?

Also iMessage does not work,cause I need Clover bootloader to inject some string to make it get recognized like a genuine mac book on Apples servers.I wonder if there is a Chameleon version of this.

:)

Oh and I forgot to say that my screen flickers in Chrome on some pages,it`s like instead of having 60 hz it has 30 or 40.But it is set to 60hz in the Display from System Preferences.Is yours the same?

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
@wartomato
can you upload your DSDT and SSDT here?and also if you have some kext for display backlid cause mine even if I patch DSDT with PNFL and other patches I get full brightness only after waking from sleep

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Hi wartomato,

I reinstalled Mountain Lion after testing which kexts work best and my system is running fine now.I tested it,opened a lot of tabs and it seems to be stable.Probably there was an incompatible kext cause I installed a lot of them for testing purposes.The console does not print the message with FIXME... nomore,I assume that was the issue.

I am not using any smbios,but would like to put mbp 9,2 or 9,1 to see if my cpu speed goes more than 2,49 GHZ.I would like to ask you how do you know how many P states and C states ML sees? I use HWmonitor with FAKEsmc and plugins to view temperature and others.

Regarding the voodooPS2 you uploaded.I installed it and yes I got 2 finger scrolling but the pointer does not move very smooth.If I want to move the pointer fast from one edge of the screen to the opposite ,it moves sluggish and if I move the cursor at normal speed it works ok.However, in Windows it works best.I think the sensitivity is set to high on ML in the kext.I had to grab the ALPSmultitouch.kext from the kext which you uploaded in order to make it work cause if I install the whole kext with trackpad and keyboard system gave errors something like "duplicate kext" in the console and the system did not boot to the welcome screen.I moved the ApplePS2 kext from Extra/Extension but the issue persisted so I just installed ALPSmultitouch.kext from within the kext you uploaded.

How does your Audio work?Mine works ok,but sometimes it sounds like on the radio when not choosing the right FM frequency.I use voodooHD or something like it.Mic works only on the port if I plug external mic in the jack,the embedded mic in the screen does not work.

How about the screen brightness?I patched my DSDT with PNLF_SB,DTGP and FN KEYS from olaria site in the patches section.FN keys work:),but screen brightness is not at maximum when booting OS X only after I wake my laptop from sleep it goes to full brightness.Therefore I have to put it to sleep and then wake it up to reach full brightness.I tried to patch DSDT values but 0x64 is the maximum,which to me it means that it is a kext issue.Can you reach full brightness without sleep?

When I shut down,sometimes instead of the spinning wheel I see black text with messages like com.apple.monitor shutdown as far as I remember,is there a fix for that?

Also iMessage does not work,cause I need Clover bootloader to inject some string to make it get recognized like a genuine mac book on Apples servers.I wonder if there is a Chameleon version of this.

:)

Oh and I forgot to say that my screen flickers in Chrome on some pages,it`s like instead of having 60 hz it has 30 or 40.But it is set to 60hz in the Display from System Preferences.Is yours the same?

Hi there,

okay, I think yu have/had some issues here from the beginning.
I try to explain some things:

- I have got NO System Extension in Extra/Extensions. There is no necessarity for this.

- Yep, you are right. You should ajust your settings for the trackpad in the System preference, because mine works okay here.

- No, I don't use clover and I do not have to inject some thing with it. I DO inject some things in Chameleon (see some posting of mine before for device-properties).

- I only don't see the spinning wheel when shutting down, when I used the "-v" (verbose boot) feature of the boot loader. So this might be a clover issue.

- I installed on a MBR partition and not on GPT.

- ALL voodoo Extension on my machine are in S/L/E. Make sure that you do not have any ApplePS2 (old) extensions installed in S/L/E OR E/E. There is no need to copy something, but some installations like AITKOS or MyHack install Extensions on their own during install (i.e. MyHack has extensions IN the Kext itself, so just delete them, etc.)

- For Speedstep: Here are my P-States: "AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 12 14 17 20 22 23 31 ]". still need to examine, why I cannot reach Step 33 (or 3300 MHz). As far as I know the "Unknown... using 800000) thing means the lowest CPU -state (800 MHz), which is overwritten after that.

- I inject the HD4000 and the Nvidia as device String in chameleon.boot.plist, because the system will otherwise be at 100% brightness all the time and I will not have any accelleration. And as I stated some posts before: Yeah, My brightness is up at 100% after sleep too! I am using "Brightness Slider" from the AppStore to change this.

- iMessage and Facetime, etc. are working. You must enable - at least in Chameleon - the "Ethernet Built in"-Flag.

- For Sound I am using the 2.8.2 Version of VoodooHDA. Works fine, no probs at all. I have in Chameleon enabled the "Force HPET"-flag on and thats all.

- Yep I also have Kozleks HWSensors installed to view a few things... and I can display my P-States. Let me put it this way: Using SMBIOS for MBP9,1 get me only 2 P-States. Using the wrong and old MBP8,3 SMBIOS I get the 7 States (up to 3100 MHz).

I think there is no need to upload the DSDT. If you compiled yours and got the "4 Remarks, 0 Errors, 76 Optmizations" this should be okay. the SSDT is generated for your SMBIOS. I am currently using mpb8,3, so I generated it with the script from here: http://www.tonymacx8...ybridge-pm.html

I patched the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext with AICPMPatch from here: http://olarila.com/f...=1003&start=80.
Although I think that it is not necessary, when using SSDT, but who knows.

At the end it seems, that you are on a good way. Just mess around as little as possible. Inject in your Bootloader, install all extensions in S/L/E, generate your SSDT and allmost everything should workout fine.

Have a nice weekend ;-)

xKrNMBoYx

xKrNMBoYx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
So anyone willing to make a guide once this gets close to working. From what I have read so far most of the basic things are working except wifi and the GT 650m. I won't try installing this until I purchase a separate hard drive/ssd so hopefully there is much more progress between now and then.

Anyone have the same specs as my 771G?

i7 3632QM
GT 650M DDR3 2GB

hendelstudio2008

hendelstudio2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Ok Warmato for enable my nvidia gt650m 2 giga, i need to flash bios with modded 1.12?....if yes can i install in my system who have 2.16 bios and windows 8?
... have a kext for sd card?
...tomorrow to reinstall ml

ok i have install bios 2.18 ...and know exist a method for downgrade bios?....and my question is the modded bios 1.12 is only solution for work nvidia gt 650?...thanks

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ATTENTION:

There is only one methos to get the UEFI Bios on an EFI delivered machine, but that is not your system.
hendelstudio2008 please do NOT downgrade or install the bios 1.12 on your system.
I hae done it on mine (older machine, i7 3615QM) and you have a newer machine with a different BIOS chip and probably other Boot method.
My GT650M is still not functioning correctly. My System "sees" the Nvidia and tries to enable it, but the display setting is still not right. The system has to disable the HD4000 or the internal LED display and use the nvidia, which is currently not working.

Ok Warmato for enable my nvidia gt650m 2 giga, i need to flash bios with modded 1.12?....if yes can i install in my system who have 2.16 bios and windows 8?
... have a kext for sd card?
...tomorrow to reinstall ml

ok i have install bios 2.18 ...and know exist a method for downgrade bios?....and my question is the modded bios 1.12 is only solution for work nvidia gt 650?...thanks

Well, I think I could make a guide, but the systems are quite different and only the "main" features like the Nvidia are the same. Some machines have ALPS Touchpads, other ELAN.
But yes, currently Wifi and the Nvidia do not work (like on thousands of other machines.

Just for the record: Didn't wait or an extra HD either before the install. Made partition on the HD. The Bootloader is on the Mc partition, so Win doesn't see it. Works with and without Chameleon bootloader for Win8. Funny thing is, that I installed a second SSD (yes, we have an internal mSASTA slot in our machine...) which is working fine. Copied ML on it and of I go. Now I use the HDD partition for backup and the bootloader. It has to remain on the HDD, becuse the BIOS does not display the SSD in the "Startup Manager" list of the BIOS (via F12), but that's no prob.

What I wanted to say: Give it a try. You just need a partition.

So anyone willing to make a guide once this gets close to working. From what I have read so far most of the basic things are working except wifi and the GT 650m. I won't try installing this until I purchase a separate hard drive/ssd so hopefully there is much more progress between now and then.

Anyone have the same specs as my 771G?

i7 3632QM
GT 650M DDR3 2GB

So, I think I'll go on searching - installing - coding - etc.

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
any chance to get Momentun/Inertia cursor movement on ALPS touchpad from V3-771g in Windows?

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I just upgraded ML to 10.8.4,works great,I had to delete all the Nvidia Stuff again in order to boot :)

just for a laugh down below :P

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Hi,

long time no post, but... got the notebook just back from Acer ;-)

Yes, messing up with the BIOS is something I really should not do in order to get the Optimus Nvidia to work... But they installed BIOS V1.14, resetted it and everything is back to normal.

Something I learned from it: The BIOS recovery method in the Acer Service Guide DOES NOT WORK. At least for me.

I also updated to 10.8.4, "renewed" VoodooHDA to 2.8.4 / GenericUSB 3.0 to 1.2.4 / kozlek FakeSMC to 5.1.67 and ioath3kfirmwr (Bluetooth) to 1.2.4.

I had to disable the "GeForce.kext" after the Combo update - and not all of the Nvidia stuff (did that before the reboot).

Oh, I had to reenable TRIM after the update for the SSD (Chameleon SSD Optimizer).

And yep, everything is fine.

This far I can say:

- It seems that there is just no way to enable the NVIDIA.

- The Atheros 9462 Wifi is a pain in my side, because the system does not want to detect it. I patched the DSDT so far that the IOFamily Kernel extension is loading, but does not activate the card. I guess this depends on the other kernel extensions and so I will start investigating again.

- SMBIOS MBP8,3 seems so far the best to play around with to get the most CPU P-States (I patched AGPM.kext for the Intel to work better with this smbios).

- the SD Card reader is also a pain. Like the Wifi, the system detects the reader correctly, but just doesn't fire it up.

...so there quite some things to investigate. Again.

I just upgraded ML to 10.8.4,works great,I had to delete all the Nvidia Stuff again in order to boot :)

Tuning

Tuning

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

wartomato can you post your extra and kexts ? or send it to me ? I cant get the hd4000 to work right... a guide would be sooo good 

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Well,you are not allowed to put here files over 10 MB so I uploaded the kexts,HD4000 code injection ,patches and the apps I used to get my laptop working on the following link 

--->>>    https://www.dropbox....6ycm/D2JMC6Lm8p

@wartomato, I reinstalled the bios without any issues.Unfortunatelly,the unlocked bios made my fan spin like crazy,and even if I switched the fan options in the bios, the fan would not respond to the bios commands,therefore it is best to use the original bios because the unlocked ones are not well written and in my opinion the guy who unlocked it did not know what he was doing because the unlocked bios makes the laptop behave weird.

I have a question to all of you : Why do you want to have mac on your laptop? Please,write your answers below 

others111

others111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Interesting is where the topic went :) from when I started it and where it is now 

Tuning

Tuning

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Finally i got the HD working, thanks soo much iClock. Impressive all works except the gt650m. For the Wlan problem i changed the wlan hardware to one that is supported built in.

I dont recomend to update to the mod Bios 1.12 because it can leave your notebook dead if you set it wrong in the bios settings.

To answer your question iclock, i want to have mac because its far more easier to work on,and there are exclusive mac soft that win users cant get. If the Mac werent so expensive i would definetly buy a mac

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

You welcome,

I also changed my Wlan to a supported one.I switched the wlan with the one I used on my last Acer laptop which is AR5B93 works flawless,detected Out of the box.It does not have bluetooth but who uses that anyway,just in case I have a usb bluetooth device.

Regarding that mac is far more easier to work on,I can say that yes it is but on a lapingtosh is not actually the experience I was looking for.The touchpad on v3-771g is alps which means cheap touchpad,you won`t get the same experience like the Synaptics which was on my last Acer laptop.I had momentun,inertial movement and all those premium stuff,whereas with the v3 I get only Alps.I thought of replacing the touchpad with a synaptics one 

-->  http://www.laptop-pa...-56AAA2134A.htm  ,but it is glued on to the plastic with some sticky glue.I think it fits but who knows...

I also have issues with the screen brightness I can get to full brightness only after waking up from sleep and also I the cpu i5-3210m does not go to full load,it has only 2 states 900 or 800 mhz and 2.4 ghz.It can go as up to 3.1 ghz with turbobust but in Mountain Lion it is stuck at 2.4GHZ.Also the cpu temperature seems to be 2-3 degrees higher.

My answer to the question "Why do you want to have mac on your laptop?" is that I want Xcode,I would like to make apps,I wrote one :) but it is a very basic app.:P

Tuning

Tuning

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

I have the same issues with the Brightness, CPU and Webcam that is very dark... Im looking for solutions to this major problems. My Goal is it to have a decent mac it must not work 100% but the experience must be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy