Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:57 PM
Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:30 PM
- Screen drawing is slow, especially with Safari. Safari scrolling stutters and the scroll bar is visually jittery, and if I'm playing music with VLC or Spotify the audio will slow and stutter when I'm scrolling in Safari.... in fact, just hovering over the scroll bar will cause visual and audio jitters. I cannot use the Top Sites feature in Safari because opening it brings my whole system to a stop and I have to hard boot to get my system running again, and I can watch the screen drawing section by section while Top Sites tries to load. Performance is almost as bad when I open Show All Bookmarks.
- the Genie effect is noticeably slow.
- Launchpad slows my system to a crawl, and I can watch the screen drawing section by section trying to load Launchpad.
- the only screensavers that will work are Flurry and Message.
- the menu bar is not transparent (although I'm not sure whether or not this is a ML 10.8 issue).
I've tried different kexts, one supposedly from nVidia, and I've added GraphicsEnabler=Yes to my chameleon.boot.plist, but none of this has improved the video performance. This is a somewhat frustrating issue because except for this graphics problem the system is running very nicely with everything else working.
So any suggestions/tips for where I can go from here would be a big help.
Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:01 AM
Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:43 PM
Ah, thanks for catching that... I was confusing this system with one of my other computers. This card is not AGP.
My video card is a PCIe nVidia Geforce 210.
Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:21 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users