Gigabyte N650SLI-DS4 Audio Driver -- VoodooHDA kernel panics -- DVD drive not working

npolite

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have a Gigabyte N650SLI-DS4 motherboard and I have been able to get everything setup with the exception of Audio and the DVD drive.

My issue with the audio is I have a Realtek 888 but every time I install various setups with ###### it doesn't seem to work. I've tried with AppleHDA rollback, the Non-DST enabler and the ALC888(both legacy and current). I have been able on a few installs to get VoodooHDA 2.7.3 working on 10.7 but if I try something like 10.7.4 or 10.7.5, I get a kernel panic within a few reboots or sometimes immediately after applying it.

The problem with the DVD drive is while I have the nforce kext loaded (since my HDD works) and the O/S system is able to eject the drive with the DVD player, I can't seem to get anything to read or show up on the desktop. I have enabled to show HDD and DVD drives in the finder but it just doesn't seem to be working. This drive is a SATA drive hooked up to last port, 4. It shows up under system information and if I have a DVD in the drive, my HDD light stays on solid.

Can anyone help me out on how to get this working with 10.7.4? I would appreciate any help.

Since you have an nForce 650i chipset MOBO, you need to use a IDE (PATA) DVDRW jumper-set and connected as Master to your MOBO via an 80-wire IDE cable, or get a ASM1061 chipset eSATA/SATA PCI-e card........see my nForce OS X Mountain Lion install guide.......:)