Wrong device id

Thunderbolt

42 posts in this topic

you shouldn't boot on your HD 6770, but on your Integrated graphics card (VGA or DVI) with your HD 6770 in ! You understand what i mean ?

config your motherboard BIOS to boot on you VGA card, do the trick, put your HD 6770 in your motherboard, boot your PC on your VGA card, choice to boot on your USB key, tape the command : atiflash -i to see if your HD 6770 is detected (if the trick was done well, then you do see your graphics card info).

if it's detected well, just remove the adhesive tape and the wile and then reflash your graphics card with the commande atiflash -p 0 yourbios.rom or atiflash -p -f 0 yourbios.rom to forcing the flashing !

I have done exactly that , atiflash does not detect it. As to the no-display thing , I just wanted to check if the card still gives out any display after trying to reflash it. The card does not get detected. I may need to try it on using a PCI card in the other slot or send it for replacement which they may or may not do.

i don't think that it could working, because the bios is locked, even in using a pci card ! :(

i think the only option is to unlocked the bios, if you or someone around you cant' do it, so use the guarantee or buy another one ! :(