Help with ML installation on Samsung Series 5 Ultra

smukamuka

13 posts in this topic

Hi all!

Ive a new Samsung Series 5 Ultra, and i'm trying to install ML from a 8GB USB stick (used this guide, I've already a iAtkos L2 Desktop fully working).

This is the ultrabook config:

- Intel core i5-3317m

- 6GB Ram 1600MHz

- Intel HD Graphics 4000

- 500GB HDD + 24GB SSD

I'm using these files:

- smbios (macbookpro9,1) smbios_mbpro9,1.zip

- AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

- IOPCIFamily.kext.zip

And I've also deleted all AppleIntel*.kext.

Now appears "still waiting for root device", as in this image:

https://www.dropbox....23 18.54.04.jpg

I'm booting with bios in AHCI mode and I tried with "-x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000" flags..

Thanks for your help!

PS: for information, i previously followed this topic, but it was a topic in Lion section because i started trying iAktos and then changed to ML retail ;)

Instead of patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext, keep orig apple version and add NullAppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext. FakeSMC.kext and may need rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext to version 1.3.5. Add USBBusFix=Yes to boot flag, as AHCI won't matter until it's time to use a hard drive, either during installation or rebooting, but won't effect USB thumb drive boot. Don't need PCIRootUID=0 as that is the default, only specify if changing to 1. Be sure to install new version of chameleon such as Enoch to USB and if you reused old org.chameleon.boot.plist make sure there are no references to rd=x

Thank you for reply :)

Ok, I added this NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip and the original AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.

I'm not an expert so I don't know what you mean in "FakeSMC.kext and may need rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext to version 1.3.5", I know only that I already have a FakeSMC kext and found and added the AppleACPIPlatform 1.3.5.

I don't know which version of Chameleon I have because I used Mountain-Lionize and it worked all for me...

Booting with "-x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes" I got this screen:

https://www.dropbox....26 21.49.35.jpg

EDIT: Ok, I don't know why but re-trying I get this...again..

https://www.dropbox....23 18.54.04.jpg

no, use what you have now, it's mostly working, but looking to boot a certain UUID. In the prior 2 pictures, both would have ended up at waiting on root if you left the first one running a few minutes. Add boot flag rd=disk0s2

change the disk and partition number to match yours, trying different values if needed.

How can I view which is the disk and partition that match? I tried disk0s2 but stops at 'IOAPIC...'

If I create a boot partition with Mountain Lionize instead of an USB boot, can it be better?

EDIT: I don't know why, but now it stops always on "IOAPIC version bla bla"

EDITx2: now is waiting for root device, again...Bah!

EDITx3: in Bios Setup there are 2 sata ports, the firse is the hdd and the second is not used, so I think the disk number is disk0. However, I tried with disk0s2, disk0s3, disk1s0, disk1s1 and disk1s2 but nothing changes :(

try with this boot flag: UseKernelCaches=Yes or No

use this app for identify yor SATA/CONTROLLER device id, and if it is SATA/IDE or SATA/AHCI and post here.

Systeminfo-Mac.zip

still waiting MOUTAIN LION:#30

I've already tried with UseKernelCaches with no success, and I've already seen that fix for waiting for root device, but how can I use it without having ML installed? The same for the utility systeminfo, I must have ML working on my machine before using it, I'm wrong?

Thanks again!!

there is version of system info app for OSX, Windows and Linux. USB does not use your SATA controller, so still waiting on root device while booting from USB has nothing to do with AHCI or SATA. it could be on you first partition, or 2nd if you don't have anything but the installer on your USB. rd=disk0s1 or rd=disk3s1 or rd=disk3s2

see here for some additional configuration that should prove helpful

there is version of system info app for OSX, Windows and Linux. USB does not use your SATA controller, so still waiting on root device while booting from USB has nothing to do with AHCI or SATA. it could be on you first partition, or 2nd if you don't have anything but the installer on your USB. rd=disk0s1 or rd=disk3s1 or rd=disk3s2

see here for some additional configuration that should prove helpful

I used windows 8 installation xD These are my disks and partitions:

https://www.dropbox....27 20.03.56.jpg

I will try with that informations :)

man, your problem is what you boot your USBInstaller from USB 3.0 and this never will boot, change for Port USB 2.0 :weight_lift::trumpet:

It could be a good idea but I always used 2.0 ports ;)