- Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R Motherboard
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz / 1333 / 6MB
- 2xPowercolor HD4850 1GB GDDR5
- 4x2GB OCZ Gold PC2-6400 CL5
- Seasonic M12II-750w
- Win7 HDDs: WD Velociraptor 600GB / WD Caviar Green 1TB
- MacOSX HD (Planned): WD Caviar Black 500GB
we can't seem to install OSX when the 2 GPUs are in their PCI slots. The guy who is helping me build the rig sent me a text message the other day saying "boatloader will not work with Crossfire 4850. If single 4850, DVI-to-VGA is the only thing that works plus it seems it doesn't have acceleration".
Now I do understand that OSX does not recognize Crossfire in the first place (that's where the Win7 comes in), but is there a way or a workaround to install OSX without having to remove the other GPU? Or can we initially install OSX without the other GPU then pop in the 2nd GPU when the installation is successful? Won't that drive OSX or whatever is making it work nuts?
I'm not really finicky on which OSX version to run as long as I can use Adobe CS5 or CS6, Ableton Live and FL Studio in it.
Just dawned upon that FL Studio is a Windows only program LOL
Edited by RedEG6, 16 September 2012 - 07:42 AM.