• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

The DSDT works well, but I still get no backlit :( Maybe with 10.8.3 :)

Do me a favor and try this package with 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 then install MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0 not update nvidia kext but apply OpenCL patch. Please do not replace anything and let me know what you think of it!

Attached File  10.8.2 Kernel 12.2.1 9, 1.zip   6.17MB   17 downloads

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Macs :-)
Will do, but just to clarify, do you want me to apply the supplimental update over my existing installation then use these files, or do a fresh install?

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Whatever you want to do. Just make sure to delete old kext's from S/L/E if you want to use existing install. I did a fresh install/existing and there's no difference.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Ok, when you say the supplimental update do you mean the one that is offered via Software Update? I installed it and rebooted, but it said that the installation failed, now it does not show in Software Update at all... Other that that, everything seems to be working except my USB 3 port (I haven't tried taking out the battery yet, so that might do it). Is there a link to the stand alone installer for the supplimental update? The only one I found does not appear to apply to this install: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1611

My backlit keys still are not working, but I get the feeling that I have messed something up here and probably need to do a fresh install....

Am I missing something vital here?

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Use this download: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1611
then: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1609

youngwake

youngwake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hello jeff, ellnic, and the whole community! I am having a problem that I have never had before. After installing the DEC,10.ZIP with the guide on thread 1, I get HDMI audio working and everything else working 100% minus SD card of course. However, the problem is after a reboot, audio is no longer working. "No Output Devices Found" in settings. What did I miss? I always had audio working after install but with DEC.10 and HDMI Audio method after reboot, audio is completely gone!

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
did you delete S/L/E BootCache.kext? update kernel cache?

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
I had audio completely go until I removed the modules folder then HDMI audio and built in audio came to life, have you deleted /Extra/Modules?

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Use this download: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1611
then: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1609

Ahh, thanks - the second link is the one I was after, the problem is I cannot get it to install. It says the installation failed... any ideas?

youngwake

youngwake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Before your replies Jeff, I did not delete S/L/E BootCache.kext But I deleted it after you asked, however, audio is still grayed out. To Ellnic, I deleted /Extra/Modules while following install guide. Audio and HDMI audio were working fine till I rebooted. Audio is now grayed.

to Jeff, when you say "update kernel cache," you mean fix permissions right? because I did that and still no dice. I used disk repair. Extra folder is grayed in Kext Wizard.

Any other Ideas? this is my second install in the last 24 hours because of audio. But i dont mind installing again. audio is important lol. thanks guys

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Ahh, thanks - the second link is the one I was after, the problem is I cannot get it to install. It says the installation failed... any ideas?

My did the same thing on a fresh install. When i updated from apple update on existing, i did not get that error.

Before your replies Jeff, I did not delete S/L/E BootCache.kext But I deleted it after you asked, however, audio is still grayed out. To Ellnic, I deleted /Extra/Modules while following install guide. Audio and HDMI audio were working fine till I rebooted. Audio is now grayed.

to Jeff, when you say "update kernel cache," you mean fix permissions right? because I did that and still no dice. I used disk repair. Extra folder is grayed in Kext Wizard.

Any other Ideas? this is my second install in the last 24 hours because of audio. But i dont mind installing again. audio is important lol. thanks guys

Go to your S/L/Cache folder and delete everything then reboot. If still nothing, use kext wizard to reapply all kext in package again. What model is yours?

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello

dont waste your time
without the moddded ioaudiofamily in the first post.. audio remains grey

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

dont waste your time
without the moddded ioaudiofamily in the first post.. audio remains grey

Dec 10.zip contains the modded for nod 14 IOAudioFamily.kext. Have you tried it ugokind? what nod is your speakers? mic jack? HP? But if i remember right, he's complaining about no audio after reboot not sleep!

"

However, the problem is after a reboot, audio is no longer working. "No Output Devices Found" in settings"

ellnic, what do you think about the new install?

youngwake, are you using my dsdt? look at this pic and let me know what layout id (Audio ID: 1) shows in your?

Attached Files

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

My did the same thing on a fresh install. When i updated from apple update on existing, i did not get that error.

Hrm... Fresh install time for me again :P Will report back in next few days when I have done. Might not get the chance today.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
I nevrt got pinverbs..
utt remember myi laptop is g53

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

what did you update before you reboot?

I nevrt got pinverbs..
utt remember myi laptop is g53

Where did you get your AppleHDA from? Your layout id is 269, but in your dsdt is showing layout id 12? Are you using HDAEnabler? Is youngwake have same g53? Did you ever get linux codex verbs? If so, upload it here. Maybe we can get on the same page with install. Just noticed you had patch the heck out of your DSDT. Did you do it yourself, or someone else?

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Ok, curiosity got the better of me, installing on an external drive though.

I still get this when running the graphics update: http://oi49.tinypic.com/2mhy1e9.jpg

You can see the kexts it's put in (the most recent modified date) and below, are the ones from your package... is this all that was added to yours?

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
early I got applehda from other forum.. but your 1st post is as good as mine. So I decided to move to your package.
I suppose g53 and g73 are quite similar.. and the audio (for me) is the same.

no I managed codec verbs )as theking docet) in my old laptops.. I decided to never work on them.. because I have no time for .
But.. AppleHDA is your. Also HDAEnabler

I also have my dsdt i ( build it by mys..)

inside the injection is:

Device (HDEF)
		    {
			    Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			    OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
			    Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			    {
				    DCKA,   1,
						    Offset (0x01),
				    DCKM,   1,
					    ,   6,
				    DCKS,   1,
						    Offset (0x08),
					    ,   15,
				    PMES,   1
			    }
			    Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
			    {
				    Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
			    }
			    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			    {
				    Store (Package (0x04)
					    {
						    "layout-id",
						    Buffer (0x04)
						    {
							    0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						    },
						    "PinConfigurations",
						    Buffer (Zero) {}
					    }, Local0)
				    MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
				    Return (Local0)
			    }
		    }

remember: the PRW method tell how to resume power from wake

but I tested a hundred of times.. and ONLY WITH IOAUDIOFAMILY modded the wake run
and ONLY if I have mbp8,2 !

I tested it since april 2012.. this is the 1st time (and definitely) I have sleep and wake

If I change only 1 of those settings.. the sleep never run.

EDIT:

I tested the latest macbook update
results: black VIDEO screen

ps: what kind of KERNEL is the one in top of that page?

should I use it? does it have improvements?

Attached Files

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Ok, curiosity got the better of me, installing on an external drive though.

I still get this when running the graphics update: http://oi49.tinypic.com/2mhy1e9.jpg

You can see the kexts it's put in (the most recent modified date) and below, are the ones from your package... is this all that was added to yours?

Yes

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
I too am getting a black screen before hitting the desktop. I had to install that Macbook graphics updating while booting into my main install. I assumed it would fix it, but it didn't.

This is a fresh install doing the following:

Install Olarila 10.8.2
Boot using Olarila USB
Put Extra folder in
Install Enoch and Modules
Install S/L/E from package
Reboot...

Going to try again incase I have messed something up.

EDIT: No installation of Nvidia Kexts, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy