G73SW ML 10.8.2 Install

jeffc2009

398 posts in this topic

Before your replies Jeff, I did not delete S/L/E BootCache.kext But I deleted it after you asked, however, audio is still grayed out. To Ellnic, I deleted /Extra/Modules while following install guide. Audio and HDMI audio were working fine till I rebooted. Audio is now grayed.

to Jeff, when you say "update kernel cache," you mean fix permissions right? because I did that and still no dice. I used disk repair. Extra folder is grayed in Kext Wizard.

Any other Ideas? this is my second install in the last 24 hours because of audio. But i dont mind installing again. audio is important lol. thanks guys

what did you update before you reboot?

I nevrt got pinverbs..

utt remember myi laptop is g53

Where did you get your AppleHDA from? Your layout id is 269, but in your dsdt is showing layout id 12? Are you using HDAEnabler? Is youngwake have same g53? Did you ever get linux codex verbs? If so, upload it here. Maybe we can get on the same page with install. Just noticed you had patch the heck out of your DSDT. Did you do it yourself, or someone else?

Ok, curiosity got the better of me, installing on an external drive though.

I still get this when running the graphics update: http://oi49.tinypic.com/2mhy1e9.jpg

You can see the kexts it's put in (the most recent modified date) and below, are the ones from your package... is this all that was added to yours?

early I got applehda from other forum.. but your 1st post is as good as mine. So I decided to move to your package.

I suppose g53 and g73 are quite similar.. and the audio (for me) is the same.

no I managed codec verbs )as theking docet) in my old laptops.. I decided to never work on them.. because I have no time for .

But.. AppleHDA is your. Also HDAEnabler

I also have my dsdt i ( build it by mys..)

inside the injection is:

Device (HDEF)
	    {
		    Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
		    OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
		    Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
		    {
			    DCKA,   1,
					    Offset (0x01),
			    DCKM,   1,
				    ,   6,
			    DCKS,   1,
					    Offset (0x08),
				    ,   15,
			    PMES,   1
		    }
		    Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
		    {
			    Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
		    }
		    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
		    {
			    Store (Package (0x04)
				    {
					    "layout-id",
					    Buffer (0x04)
					    {
						    0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
					    },
					    "PinConfigurations",
					    Buffer (Zero) {}
				    }, Local0)
			    MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
			    Return (Local0)
		    }
	    }

remember: the PRW method tell how to resume power from wake

but I tested a hundred of times.. and ONLY WITH IOAUDIOFAMILY modded the wake run

and ONLY if I have mbp8,2 !

I tested it since april 2012.. this is the 1st time (and definitely) I have sleep and wake

If I change only 1 of those settings.. the sleep never run.

EDIT:

I tested the latest macbook update

results: black VIDEO screen

ps: what kind of KERNEL is the one in top of that page?

should I use it? does it have improvements?

post-149565-0-53915100-1355848447_thumb.png

I too am getting a black screen before hitting the desktop. I had to install that Macbook graphics updating while booting into my main install. I assumed it would fix it, but it didn't.

This is a fresh install doing the following:

Install Olarila 10.8.2

Boot using Olarila USB

Put Extra folder in

Install Enoch and Modules

Install S/L/E from package

Reboot...

Going to try again incase I have messed something up.

EDIT: No installation of Nvidia Kexts, right?

early I got applehda from other forum.. but your 1st post is as good as mine. So I decided to move to your package.

I suppose g53 and g73 are quite similar.. and the audio (for me) is the same.

no I managed codec verbs )as theking docet) in my old laptops.. I decided to never work on them.. because I have no time for .

But.. AppleHDA is your. Also HDAEnabler

I also have my dsdt i ( build it by mys..)

inside the injection is:

Device (HDEF)
	 {
		 Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
		 OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
		 Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
		 {
			 DCKA, 1,
					 Offset (0x01),
			 DCKM, 1,
				 , 6,
			 DCKS, 1,
					 Offset (0x08),
				 , 15,
			 PMES, 1
		 }
		 Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
		 {
			 Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
		 }
		 Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
		 {
			 Store (Package (0x04)
				 {
					 "layout-id",
					 Buffer (0x04)
					 {
						 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
					 },
					 "PinConfigurations",
					 Buffer (Zero) {}
				 }, Local0)
			 MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
			 Return (Local0)
		 }
	 }

remember: the PRW method tell how to resume power from wake

but I tested a hundred of times.. and ONLY WITH IOAUDIOFAMILY modded the wake run

and ONLY if I have mbp8,2 !

I tested it since april 2012.. this is the 1st time (and definitely) I have sleep and wake

If I change only 1 of those settings.. the sleep never run.

EDIT:

I tested the latest macbook update

results: black VIDEO screen

ps: what kind of KERNEL is the one in top of that page?

should I use it? does it have improvements?

You don't need to stay with 8, 2 to have sleep/wake. I think you are staying with 8, 2 to have graphics powermanagement right? my new setup is on 9, 1. Once I have it tested out, I am going to change OP.

I know sleep/wake was a issue before ML ( i think it had started with Lion/that's why I had left it ), but now it's fixed with the latest apple/nvidia kext's. You have so many patches on your dsdt, have no idea where to start! Do you still have a fresh copy of your windows extracted dsdt? Kernel is from MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0.

kernel 12.2.1.tiff

I hate redundant attachments..

so I managed from lion to ml in my 2 main thread since 1 year

but.. is useful to read my dsdt?

heare you are :)

consider that I have the same dsdt mods from april 2012.. but in july I started from scratch for a biosmod project.

the hdef section is only cosmetic. and the PRW is not my mod. is native in the stock bios!

Archivio.zip

I too am getting a black screen before hitting the desktop. I had to install that Macbook graphics updating while booting into my main install. I assumed it would fix it, but it didn't.

This is a fresh install doing the following:

Install Olarila 10.8.2

Boot using Olarila USB

Put Extra folder in

Install Enoch and Modules

Install S/L/E from package

Reboot...

Going to try again incase I have messed something up.

EDIT: No installation of Nvidia Kexts, right?

What i did was,

1-install Olarila 10.8.2

2-boot with -x

3-do you have two partition with ML? If so, there's no need to install Enoch boot loader. And the simplest way to recover from a bad hack! If you set hibernation mode 0 and delete sleep image, it only requires 10 gigs. If not, install Enoch no modules(standard boot loader).

4-apply S/L/E with kext wizard

5-install extra folder in root

6-remove bootcache.kext/update kernel cache reboot

7-install 10.8.2 supplemental update 1.0 from App store

8-reboot

9-install MacBook Air and Macbook Pro Update 2.0

10-reboot

11-reapply package with kext wizard/remove bootcache.kext/update kernel cache reboot

****do not install Nvida official drivers/do not change or add anything in S/L/E****

in september I spent 3 weeks in google talk with a great young boy (named rajgopalsunny

it is a student in India.. and he's no time for register and use insanelymac (ahi ahi)

and I helped him to achieve the best with it's g74

so he told me he's good to do biosmod.. and he gave me a mod for the g53

it's kext/bios are in:

http://www.osx86.net/view/3209-asus_g74sx_alc269_applehda.kext.html

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3221

in september I spent 3 weeks in google talk with a great young boy (named rajgopalsunny

it is a student in India.. and he's no time for register and use insanelymac (ahi ahi)

and I helped him to achieve the best with it's g74

so he told me he's good to do biosmod.. and he gave me a mod for the g53

it's kext/bios are in:

http://www.osx86.net...lehda.kext.html

http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3221

these patched .dsl? Do you have pre patched .dsl? Why did you mod your bio? I know about the bio's hack for native AICPUPM, how is it working out for you? What i was trying to do is get g53 without any modded bio's setup/merge with what i have. Use your non modded bio dsdt to apply my patch. I know you have a link to my install on your G53 thread for guys that don't want to flash modded bio's. Just trying to help

nein. i never use prepatched.. or tools.. I do myself

what you refer to 'these' is a work made by the indian.. I linked it for you. But it's not important for me.

I'm unable to mod bios. I tried a lot of time.. but without success.

It's hard or I have not the right toolchain.

I can achieve the explode of the bios.. but I cannot recreate the one crypted file.

The indian made it for me.. exchanging for my consulence.

the bios is also grabbable from another forum. I'll search for.. but actually I don't have links

this is due a lot of people wants the slic mods.. but someone did the throttle fix and the greatMSR fix

Now I have the unlocked BIOS.. and the MSR is a flag to enable or not.

with the flag disabled.. I can boot with the vanilla AICPM without an sort of KP

but within the new bios.. all the ASUS tools in the Windows7 environment don't detect an asus platform.. and my keyboard/special key are not enabled!

YES I AGREE: my goal is to restore the stock bios and test your kexts.

but stop messing with bios/audio/sleep

a bios mod is not a magic wand.. is only an unlocked bios! your kext are good APART from a bios mod or not!

I tried a hundred of combinations.. from smbios.plist to manual separate nvda kext.. for 11 months!

untul I found the right combinations.

bios mod or not.. the problem is

-what are the minimum kext to replace?

-what is the only one smbios emulation to run sleep for your g74?

-what is the right bootloader that is able to NOT patch anything but only what you want?

in this last point.. remember that i use 2064.. but in the Extra/modukles I delete all EXCEPT for Klibc/SATA/uClib

other kext do problems/kp/NOT SLEEP

bye

What i did was,

1-install Olarila 10.8.2

2-boot with -x

3-do you have two partition with ML? If so, there's no need to install Enoch boot loader. And the simplest way to recover from a bad hack! If you set hibernation mode 0 and delete sleep image, it only requires 10 gigs. If not, install Enoch no modules(standard boot loader).

4-apply S/L/E with kext wizard

5-install extra folder in root

6-remove bootcache.kext/update kernel cache reboot

7-install 10.8.2 supplemental update 2.0

8-install MacBook Air and Macbook Pro Update 2.0

9-reapply package with kext wizard.

****do not install Nvida official drivers/do not change or add anything in S/L/E****

Thanks for the step by step, it's very helpful. I am meant to be using only the "10.8.2 Kernel 12.2.1 9, 1.zip" right? It's just I cannot, for love nor money, get those 2 updates to install. A while back, the Macbook and Macbook Air one went through but failed, now they both say that they are not for this computer. :S

Do you have G53SW or G53SX? Diffmerge.tiff Your package for G53SW contains G53SX look -> Diffmerge1.tiff

Thanks for the step by step, it's very helpful. I am meant to be using only the "10.8.2 Kernel 12.2.1 9, 1.zip" right? It's just I cannot, for love nor money, get those 2 updates to install. A while back, the Macbook and Macbook Air one went through but failed, now they both say that they are not for this computer. :S

Let me redo my install and I will get back with you on methods.

I have updated post 183. I thought i saw 10.8.2 supplemental update 2.0 from App store. But it's 10.8.2 supplemental update 1.0.

Ok, Thanks - will try it out :)

is insanelymac getting laggy on you guys?

Yeah, I had an SQL error a while ago, and page reloads are taking an age.

Ok :D Got it, Jeff matey, you're a genius.

With your files in "10.8.2 Kernel 12.2.1 9, 1.zip" I have 99% working system - the only thing for some reason that still does not work for me is backlit keys - but all else works and it's very straight forward to do.

I did this:

1. Install Olarila 10.8.2

2. Use Olarila to boot installed partition (didn't need to boot with -x, guess this could be added as a step if some are experiencing problems)

3. Install Enoch

4. Add kexts to S/L/E with Kext Wizard

5. Put Extra in Root

6. Delete contents of S/L/Caches

7. Reboot

8. Install OSXUpd10.8.2Supp.dmg

9. Reboot

10. Install MacBookAirandMacBookProUpd2.0.dmg (it fails at the end but ignore it)

11. Reboot

12. Re-Apply S/L/E kexts using Kext Wizzard (I noticed that none were changed, but just to be safe)

13. *Repair permissions (sudo diskutil repairpermissions /)

14. Reboot

15. Shut down

16. Plug in HDMI cable (DO NOT DO THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME WHILE OS IS RUNNING = BLUE SCREEN/HANG)

17. Boot up

18. Remove HDMI cable (Cable can now be connected while OS is running - select HDMI audio in Pref Pane)

*This step is really important, there were lots of permissions that needed repairing after the supplemental update.

DONE :D

Optional in terminal:

1. sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

2. sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage

What works:

Audio, HDMI Audio, HDMI Hot Swap, Display Res Change, USB 3, Battery Icon, Sleep, Wake, Wifi, Audio After Sleep (including headphones and HDMI which were problematic in the past), USB after sleep has no problems

What doesn't:

SD Reader (we know)

Backlit keys (maybe I need to use my own DSDT?)

EDIT: I know step 10 must have installed correctly, because sleep works... I guess it's similar to the old Snow Leo install error that Hackintoshes used to get at the end.

EDIT 2: Added reboot after MacBookAirandMacBookProUpd2.0.dmg install.

Glad you got it working. I didn't plug hdmi until everything was done. Do you have your original dsdt for your system? I don't understand why your backlit keyboard is not working!

Make sure you reboot next time to allow update package to do it's work, before you update kext's and repair permission. It will not kill your system!! Use it for couple days and let me know if you run into any problems. So far, there's one freeze after sleep. Looked in console and nothing. You can Use iStat to monitor your system.

My did the same thing on a fresh install. When i updated from apple update on existing, i did not get that error.

Go to your S/L/Cache folder and delete everything then reboot. If still nothing, use kext wizard to reapply all kext in package again. What model is yours?

I have ASUS G73SW-XT1. I deleted everything in S/L/Cache and deleted BootCache.kext and I am using your DSDT.

Dec 10.zip contains the modded for nod 14 IOAudioFamily.kext. Have you tried it ugokind? what nod is your speakers? mic jack? HP? But if i remember right, he's complaining about no audio after reboot not sleep!

"

However, the problem is after a reboot, audio is no longer working. "No Output Devices Found" in settings"

ellnic, what do you think about the new install?

youngwake, are you using my dsdt? look at this pic and let me know what layout id (Audio ID: 1) shows in your?

Yea Im using the new DSDT that is not in the DEC.10.zip

what did you update before you reboot?

Where did you get your AppleHDA from? Your layout id is 269, but in your dsdt is showing layout id 12? Are you using HDAEnabler? Is youngwake have same g53? Did you ever get linux codex verbs? If so, upload it here. Maybe we can get on the same page with install. Just noticed you had patch the heck out of your DSDT. Did you do it yourself, or someone else?

No updates, followed guide to "T" Never had the issue before. However If I install the Audio kext on Thread 1, I get audio again! But the audio kext in DEC10 works perfect when i install the first time along with hdmi audio. After that , i reboot and it is greyed out!

Disregard, going to do fresh install and report back :thumbsup_anim::yoji:

post-945211-0-85392900-1355880219_thumb.png

lol no I dont have HDAEnabler kext. I used everything from thread 1. But no worries. I reinstalled with you and Ellnic's new guide and everything is working beautifully. I will give feed back once i restore my apps with Migration assistant. After that I will reboot and see if audio is still working

ok, before I rebooted and migrated my applications, my Audio ID: was exactly like yours. But after I restored JUST the applications, the audio is now grayed and Audio ID is now set back to 269. Any Ideas besides not to restore apps?

What did you restore??? HDAEnabler? DSDT?

Check both

Intel High Definition Audio see what both Audio ID is.

You don't have to reinstall.. Just look in S/L/E for HDAEnabler.kext and replace dsdt.aml in E/E. I know no apps to replace layout ID. Bootcache.kext, delete everything in your S/L/Cache folder. Heading out, be back in couple hrs. Let me know what you found! You will have to find a Ethernet kext, I didn't include one in there.