• 230 posts
That's another way.

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Ellnic, up coming apple's nvidia kext's only need OpenCL patch. No need to replace it with nvidia kext's. Sleep/wake/backlit is working.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Macs :-)
Is that with 10.8.3? :P

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
yes

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
I'm looking forward to that then :D Hopefully i'll see my backlit keyboard working in ML

Out of interest, what does the display override that you have attached, do? I have daf in my folder, just wondering what yours does?

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

instead of Built in > Asus G73SW LED FullHD. Have not found a way to have brightness slider.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
No me neither... I guess that one is a no go for now. The keys do not work either - At least the volume keys work :D

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
hello, do you know if resume from /var/vm/sleepimage work when computer is powering off because it is out of battery? have you ever tried ? Here it does not work

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
what's your hibernatemode? Type in console: pmset -g | grep hibernatemode

I just tested it on hibernate mode 3/default for laptops and it's working here. Let the battery die and plug in charger and power backup where i had left off when lost power.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Mine is mode 3 which is traditional sleep. I believe either 1 or 0 is what the windows world would refer to as Hibernation, which would probably use that sleep image.

I don't think you will get sleep on low battery though, I have never had this working on any of my Hacks... let me know if you get it working.. it's not great running for the power supply when the battery warning comes up to save my seagates from crashing :P

By the way, if anyone has a 4K drive, or is thinking of upgrading to one (750GB for example), you will need to follow these instructions in order to boot using chameleon: http://www.macbreake...oot0-error.html
My machine came with 2 x 750GB drives and I needed this to get it working. The boot1h file does not need to be replaced unless you reformat. Be careful with the dd command and make sure you definitely have the correct identifier or you may lose some data.

EDIT: Also, those of you who work with Windows environments a lot may want to check this out: http://www.avira.com...ee-mac-security
I think LatinMcG has recommended this in the past, I use the Windows version where I have to, and so far the Mac version seems good. I have been laughed at in the past for having Mac AV, but the truth is, it really only catches stuff I could pass on to people I work with who use Windows. Avira always recieves top marks in av-comparatives.org.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
sometimes _OSI can make a difference what gets ACPI enabled. not that i checked this dsdt but i wonder if..

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
hibernatemode = 0 (binary 0000) by default on supported desktops. The system will not back memory up to
persistent storage. The system must wake from the contents of memory; the system will lose context on
power loss. This is, historically, plain old sleep.

hibernatemode = 3 (binary 0011) by default on supported portables. The system will store a copy of mem-
ory to persistent storage (the disk), and will power memory during sleep. The system will wake from
memory, unless a power loss forces it to restore from disk image.

hibernatemode = 25 (binary 0001 1001) is only settable via pmset. The system will store a copy of mem-
ory to persistent storage (the disk), and will remove power to memory. The system will restore from
disk image. If you want "hibernation" - slower sleeps, slower wakes, and better battery life, you
should use this setting.

Temp fix for Backlight - https://itunes.apple...456624497?mt=12

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

sometimes _OSI can make a difference what gets ACPI enabled. not that i checked this dsdt but i wonder if..

LainMcG, your help is always greatly appreciated. I do have _OSI with Darwin in dsdt.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Temp fix for Backlight - https://itunes.apple...456624497?mt=12

Nice :D Works well.

hibernatemode = 0 (binary 0000) by default on supported desktops. The system will not back memory up to
persistent storage. The system must wake from the contents of memory; the system will lose context on
power loss. This is, historically, plain old sleep.

hibernatemode = 3 (binary 0011) by default on supported portables. The system will store a copy of mem-
ory to persistent storage (the disk), and will power memory during sleep. The system will wake from
memory, unless a power loss forces it to restore from disk image.

hibernatemode = 25 (binary 0001 1001) is only settable via pmset. The system will store a copy of mem-
ory to persistent storage (the disk), and will remove power to memory. The system will restore from
disk image. If you want "hibernation" - slower sleeps, slower wakes, and better battery life, you
should use this setting.

I guess I should set it to 0 then, I do not use Hibernate.

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I been on mode 0, due to small size SSD. It will take up all 8 gigs of image size (Ram). After you change it make sure you delete image.

sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage

you can even change different states like change hibernate mode to 3 for battery while keeping hibernate mode to 0 for charger.

Just change pmset -c(charger) -b(battery) -u(UPS) -a(all)

ex. sudo pmset -c hibernatemode 0
ex. sudo pmset -b hibernatemode 3

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
I Finally replaced my keyboard.. and I have the original with backlight.
but.. at bios post it is light for a test.. in windows also it is bright.
in mac not
and I have your kexts.. only yours!

what can I do?

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

I Finally replaced my keyboard.. and I have the original with backlight.
but.. at bios post it is light for a test.. in windows also it is bright.
in mac not
and I have your kexts.. only yours!

what can I do?

Our System is pretty close, but you should be using your own dsdt. I had upload my dsdt in the package for anyone to diffmerge differences/fixes. For me to get backlit keyboard, I had to install Nvidia updated kexts http://www.nvidia.co...f02-driver.html, or install OS X ML 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 (keep Apple Nvida kext's) http://support.apple...b/DL1611.��Make sure you use OpenCL patch. I am currently using smbios 9,1.

Are you refering to your LCD backlight being dim? At chameleon boot hold down FN + F6.
Or if you are refering to backlit keyboard, it works after installing nvidia kexts. Put it to sleep and wake for keyboard backlit.

I just realized, I have been uploading the wrong DSDT.aml. Will include it in the next package.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Our System is pretty close, but you should be using your own dsdt.

I've just been using yours because my DSDT skills suck big time. I extracted a fresh copy of my DSDT using AIDA64 under windows, and applied the Olarila patch for the G73SW, but haven't you made additional changes to your DSDT?

EDIT: Btw, removed sleep image, thx for info :)

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   23.87KB   199 downloads

I've just been using yours because my DSDT skills suck big time. I extracted a fresh copy of my DSDT using AIDA64 under windows, and applied the Olarila patch for the G73SW, but haven't you made additional changes to your DSDT?

EDIT: Btw, removed sleep image, thx for info :)

Yes, try this.
Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   23.87KB   199 downloads

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
The DSDT works well, but I still get no backlit :( Maybe with 10.8.3 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy