G73SW ML 10.8.2 Install

jeffc2009

398 posts in this topic

hibernatemode = 0 (binary 0000) by default on supported desktops. The system will not back memory up to

persistent storage. The system must wake from the contents of memory; the system will lose context on

power loss. This is, historically, plain old sleep.

hibernatemode = 3 (binary 0011) by default on supported portables. The system will store a copy of mem-

ory to persistent storage (the disk), and will power memory during sleep. The system will wake from

memory, unless a power loss forces it to restore from disk image.

hibernatemode = 25 (binary 0001 1001) is only settable via pmset. The system will store a copy of mem-

ory to persistent storage (the disk), and will remove power to memory. The system will restore from

disk image. If you want "hibernation" - slower sleeps, slower wakes, and better battery life, you

should use this setting.

Temp fix for Backlight - https://itunes.apple...456624497?mt=12

Temp fix for Backlight - https://itunes.apple...456624497?mt=12

Nice :D Works well.

hibernatemode = 0 (binary 0000) by default on supported desktops. The system will not back memory up to

persistent storage. The system must wake from the contents of memory; the system will lose context on

power loss. This is, historically, plain old sleep.

hibernatemode = 3 (binary 0011) by default on supported portables. The system will store a copy of mem-

ory to persistent storage (the disk), and will power memory during sleep. The system will wake from

memory, unless a power loss forces it to restore from disk image.

hibernatemode = 25 (binary 0001 1001) is only settable via pmset. The system will store a copy of mem-

ory to persistent storage (the disk), and will remove power to memory. The system will restore from

disk image. If you want "hibernation" - slower sleeps, slower wakes, and better battery life, you

should use this setting.

I guess I should set it to 0 then, I do not use Hibernate.

I been on mode 0, due to small size SSD. It will take up all 8 gigs of image size (Ram). After you change it make sure you delete image.

sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage

you can even change different states like change hibernate mode to 3 for battery while keeping hibernate mode to 0 for charger.

Just change pmset -c(charger) -b(battery) -u(UPS) -a(all)

ex. sudo pmset -c hibernatemode 0

ex. sudo pmset -b hibernatemode 3

I Finally replaced my keyboard.. and I have the original with backlight.

but.. at bios post it is light for a test.. in windows also it is bright.

in mac not

and I have your kexts.. only yours!

what can I do?

I Finally replaced my keyboard.. and I have the original with backlight.

but.. at bios post it is light for a test.. in windows also it is bright.

in mac not

and I have your kexts.. only yours!

what can I do?

Our System is pretty close, but you should be using your own dsdt. I had upload my dsdt in the package for anyone to diffmerge differences/fixes. For me to get backlit keyboard, I had to install Nvidia updated kexts http://www.nvidia.co...f02-driver.html, or install OS X ML 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 (keep Apple Nvida kext's) http://support.apple...b/DL1611.��Make sure you use OpenCL patch. I am currently using smbios 9,1.

Are you refering to your LCD backlight being dim? At chameleon boot hold down FN + F6.

Or if you are refering to backlit keyboard, it works after installing nvidia kexts. Put it to sleep and wake for keyboard backlit.

I just realized, I have been uploading the wrong DSDT.aml. Will include it in the next package.

Our System is pretty close, but you should be using your own dsdt.

I've just been using yours because my DSDT skills suck big time. I extracted a fresh copy of my DSDT using AIDA64 under windows, and applied the Olarila patch for the G73SW, but haven't you made additional changes to your DSDT?

EDIT: Btw, removed sleep image, thx for info :)

Ok, when you say the supplimental update do you mean the one that is offered via Software Update? I installed it and rebooted, but it said that the installation failed, now it does not show in Software Update at all... Other that that, everything seems to be working except my USB 3 port (I haven't tried taking out the battery yet, so that might do it). Is there a link to the stand alone installer for the supplimental update? The only one I found does not appear to apply to this install: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1611

My backlit keys still are not working, but I get the feeling that I have messed something up here and probably need to do a fresh install....

Am I missing something vital here?

Hello jeff, ellnic, and the whole community! I am having a problem that I have never had before. After installing the DEC,10.ZIP with the guide on thread 1, I get HDMI audio working and everything else working 100% minus SD card of course. However, the problem is after a reboot, audio is no longer working. "No Output Devices Found" in settings. What did I miss? I always had audio working after install but with DEC.10 and HDMI Audio method after reboot, audio is completely gone!

Before your replies Jeff, I did not delete S/L/E BootCache.kext But I deleted it after you asked, however, audio is still grayed out. To Ellnic, I deleted /Extra/Modules while following install guide. Audio and HDMI audio were working fine till I rebooted. Audio is now grayed.

to Jeff, when you say "update kernel cache," you mean fix permissions right? because I did that and still no dice. I used disk repair. Extra folder is grayed in Kext Wizard.

Any other Ideas? this is my second install in the last 24 hours because of audio. But i dont mind installing again. audio is important lol. thanks guys

Ahh, thanks - the second link is the one I was after, the problem is I cannot get it to install. It says the installation failed... any ideas?

My did the same thing on a fresh install. When i updated from apple update on existing, i did not get that error.

Before your replies Jeff, I did not delete S/L/E BootCache.kext But I deleted it after you asked, however, audio is still grayed out. To Ellnic, I deleted /Extra/Modules while following install guide. Audio and HDMI audio were working fine till I rebooted. Audio is now grayed.

to Jeff, when you say "update kernel cache," you mean fix permissions right? because I did that and still no dice. I used disk repair. Extra folder is grayed in Kext Wizard.

Any other Ideas? this is my second install in the last 24 hours because of audio. But i dont mind installing again. audio is important lol. thanks guys

Go to your S/L/Cache folder and delete everything then reboot. If still nothing, use kext wizard to reapply all kext in package again. What model is yours?

dont waste your time

without the moddded ioaudiofamily in the first post.. audio remains grey

Dec 10.zip contains the modded for nod 14 IOAudioFamily.kext. Have you tried it ugokind? what nod is your speakers? mic jack? HP? But if i remember right, he's complaining about no audio after reboot not sleep!

"

However, the problem is after a reboot, audio is no longer working. "No Output Devices Found" in settings"

ellnic, what do you think about the new install?

youngwake, are you using my dsdt? look at this pic and let me know what layout id (Audio ID: 1) shows in your?

system audio.tiff

My did the same thing on a fresh install. When i updated from apple update on existing, i did not get that error.

Hrm... Fresh install time for me again :P Will report back in next few days when I have done. Might not get the chance today.