G73SW ML 10.8.2 Install

jeffc2009

398 posts in this topic

Got it, the 3 kexts from this post plus your Dec 9 files work for my battery icon: http://www.insanelym...n/#entry1851700

That's rolling back to 10.8.1 AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Did it fix your backlit?

edit: Thanks, that's a great find ellnic!!! backlit and battery is working will include it in next package. AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext is not needed.

hi jeff, thanks for your reply. I changed Layout ID to 269 (I have put 0x0D 0x01 0x00 0x00 inside HDEF section of dsdt) but unfortunately still gray icon on volume.

Try this one G73SW 10.6.8-10.7.2 AppleHDA.kext.zip

wow it works now!! audio works! The problem i have is that after resuming from sleep audio doesn't work any more. After sleep, Mic , Headphones both work, but not speakers. Before sleep everything works. Auto-sense works too(before and after sleep). Something in IOAudioFamily to change for speakers to be active after resuming from sleep?

wow it works now!! audio works! The problem i have is that after resuming from sleep audio doesn't work any more. After sleep, Mic , Headphones both work, but not speakers. Before sleep everything works. Auto-sense works too(before and after sleep). Something in IOAudioFamily to change for speakers to be active after resuming from sleep?

I think you can find that at the link I gave you!

i found a source code but i don't think it's for 10.6.8's ioaudiofamily(but for 10.7.x-10.8.x). i think it should be patched from 10.6.8 version. Hard task i guess...

Maybe I can get you to create a new thread for installing 10.6.8 on G73SW? What version of IOAudioFamily.kext are you using?

IOAudioFamily 1.8.3 is the snow version where i have problems with speaker resuming from sleep (it is the same version i uploaded before : there is applehda & IOAudioFamily in the same zip file i uploaded here some posts ago)...

Another (little) issue in ML 10.8.2: when i resume from sleep , usb3 port is not working any more and i have to reboot. usb2 ports is working fine after resuming from sleep, although if something is connected when putting it to sleep and resuming it says "usb device disconnected unsafe..."). Does it give the same problems to you too?

As for your 10.6.8 IOAudioFamily, just grab [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or 10.6.7 combo update to roll it back. But if i remember right I had to roll back IOPCIFamily too for system stability.

Only on USB 2.0 ports: "The disk was not ejected properly. If possible, always eject a disk before unplugging it or turning it off." Both is a know issue all the way back to 10.6.8. If i remember right there's a way to fix it, but i am not sure if it will fix it. Let me do some tests with IOPCIFamily rollback. I noticed something else too where the screen freezes and comes back. There's few other kext's (fakesmc 4.3.4 with plugins) I am testing out currently. And Right now I am back to 8, 2 due to CPU/GPU temps.

Edit:

Removed AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext changed smbios.plist to 9, 1. FaceTime Without CamTwist!!

PM FaceTime[370]: 12:07:28.689512 com.apple.AVConference: -isWidescreen: USB Video Device supports (1280x720) @30.000030 'dmb1'

tried to put ioaudiofamily 1.8.0 from 10.6.7 but gray icon again... strange. Putting back ioaudiofamily 1.8.3 everything works again (except speakers from resume from sleep)

EDIT: i will check on link you gave me asking mly...and i will open thread soon, i am quite busy now and i have no time to build a guide...and i don't know if it will be appreciated since snow is ancient history nowadays...

That's rolling back to 10.8.1 AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Did it fix your backlit?

edit: Thanks, that's a great find ellnic!!! backlit and battery is working will include it in next package. AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext is not needed.

Sorry for delayed reply - the rollback to 10.8.1 ACPI fixes my battery but it doesn't fix my backlit keyboard. I have noticed something else as well, HDMI audio works fine, as long as I stick with the enoch bootloader. I cannot move to another one, but thats no problem, I'll stick with what works :)

So for me, it's just backlit keys now - oh and woofer... :P Armin Van Buuren doesn't quite sound the same without bass :P

EDIT: This system is getting functional enough to replace my Inspiron 1720 now... ;) Maybe I should hunt for another G73 on ebay.

Sorry for delayed reply - the rollback to 10.8.1 ACPI fixes my battery but it doesn't fix my backlit keyboard. I have noticed something else as well, HDMI audio works fine, as long as I stick with the enoch bootloader. I cannot move to another one, but thats no problem, I'll stick with what works :)

So for me, it's just backlit keys now - oh and woofer... :P Armin Van Buuren doesn't quite sound the same without bass :P

EDIT: This system is getting functional enough to replace my Inspiron 1720 now... ;) Maybe I should hunt for another G73 on ebay.

LOL, I been looking for a way to get bass working but no luck!

I was using chimera 1.11.1 after i had removed modules folder and HDMI was working for me. Not unless i did something else different. As for backlit, its working fine for me. If I remember right, I had to replace nvidia kext's. Try to replace nvidia kext's and update system cache.

Nice.. I've been keeping an eye on SSD's for some time now, waiting for them to release a 750GB before I make the jump :P I was tempted by a Hybrid, but I don't think it's worth the money.

When you say the Nvidia kexts, you mean the 8 kexts in the driver package? They are already in, I have working wake from sleep, so I know they are ok.

Just to double check though, how are you rebuilding the caches? I take it that you mean just delete the stuff in S/L/Caches? Then they are rebuilt on next boot?

I'm looking forward to that then :D Hopefully i'll see my backlit keyboard working in ML

Out of interest, what does the display override that you have attached, do? I have daf in my folder, just wondering what yours does?

Mine is mode 3 which is traditional sleep. I believe either 1 or 0 is what the windows world would refer to as Hibernation, which would probably use that sleep image.

I don't think you will get sleep on low battery though, I have never had this working on any of my Hacks... let me know if you get it working.. it's not great running for the power supply when the battery warning comes up to save my seagates from crashing :P

By the way, if anyone has a 4K drive, or is thinking of upgrading to one (750GB for example), you will need to follow these instructions in order to boot using chameleon: http://www.macbreake...oot0-error.html

My machine came with 2 x 750GB drives and I needed this to get it working. The boot1h file does not need to be replaced unless you reformat. Be careful with the dd command and make sure you definitely have the correct identifier or you may lose some data.

EDIT: Also, those of you who work with Windows environments a lot may want to check this out: http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-mac-security

I think LatinMcG has recommended this in the past, I use the Windows version where I have to, and so far the Mac version seems good. I have been laughed at in the past for having Mac AV, but the truth is, it really only catches stuff I could pass on to people I work with who use Windows. Avira always recieves top marks in av-comparatives.org.