397 replies to this topic

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Macs :-)
Well, i'm not sure - the 8,1 has the i7-24xxM CPU, the 8,2 and 8,3 have the i7-2xxxQM CPU, but the 8,2 and 8,3 use Radeon cards. The 8,1 uses Intel HD 3000.

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
hello, i have installed latest package and 10.8.2 . Everything seems fine except backlit keyb & usb3 . When i put something inside usb3 port(usb key,hard drives, mouse, keyboard and so on) nothing works and the device isn't even powered on. Do you think my usb3 port is defective ? It doesn't work even at startup, when computer boots up before it enters osx. Is there any kext related to usb3 that i may have installed ? It seems there is only FrescoUSB kext inside (from latest 21 nov package). Thanks!

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Macs :-)
I had an issue a while back where the blue USB 3 port would not work under OS X, but it is fixed with the Nov 21 files. When you say it doesn't work even before the computer loads OS X, what have you done to test this? Does it work under Windows? Can you make a bootable USB stick and boot from it when connected to that port? If you need to make a quick bootable USB stick to test, then use something like unetbootin. I would imagine that the problem is just OS X... unless you plugged something in that shorted it out- but this is unlikely. I would test in Windows first.

Do you have a 2nd HDD in your G73? Or an external USB drive? Install Win 7 on this and keep it handy. I use this for ACPI table info and extracting DSDTs using AIDA etc. Plus Windows has better diag tools than Mac OS X, and of course, is better for gaming.

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I am sorry, but I had used 8, 1 for testing HDMI Audio. I forgot to put it back to 8, 3 when this package was made. As for USB 3.0 to show up, shutdown, pull battery and power cord for 10 sec. if it disappears. Backlit keyboard works on my after wake from sleep.

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
i removed battery, i removed power cord and USB3 works now! Thanks jeff!!

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Glad it worked for you manual!!! I got HDMI audio working, but it's not hot swappable. Try out 1129.zip and let me know if it works for you

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
thank you jeff!! i will test HDMI soon!
Another (last) question...i cannot have backlit keyboard working before and after sleep. Have i got to check/setup anything? in bios? in switches? I really tried everything...backlit keyboard works when computer is powering on, then it powers off and it will never power on (on windows it works). About the sd card...is there a linux driver that may be ported for such device? Thanks!!

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
manmal, you might want to extract your own dsdt and try to patch it yourself using dsdt auto patcher/dsdt editor http://olarila.com/forum/packs.php or have someone from http://olarila.com/f...ic.php?f=7&t=62 to patch it for you. You might have a odd ball setup. As for sd card reader, I have no idea. I don't use it so if you would like to work on that project, it would be great!! ProductID: 0x0139 VenderID: 0bda. My current project is to get bluetooth working.

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
i did it (autopatcher with proper g73sw.txt patch ) ... but still no keyboard light before/after sleep. I would survive with it tho ;) but it would have been nice to have it!

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

i did it (autopatcher with proper g73sw.txt patch ) ... but still no keyboard light before/after sleep. I would survive with it tho ;) but it would have been nice to have it!

same bios version ?
kext wizard has a "Loaded" tab.. might help identifying whats loaded

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Latinmcg: Yes, same bios version...dunno why my keyboard light doesn't power on (In Win it works and at startup it works).

jeffc2009: i will investigate further on sd-card reader & bluetooth too...

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,714 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
hy
I got the 21nov attachment
but the sleep never run until I adopt the 1129 attachment
I mean:
the unique differences between both is the /extra/modules
Indeed.. If I remove acpi and resolution modules.. the os go better in s3 state
but not complete.. I hear the internal fan
and no wake

other experiences: the boot 2064 is really the only one that make the os start with graphics.. and also the 2111
others not. black screen (with your attachments)

tomorrow I'll try other combinations
Interesting.. with those attachments it's the 1st time since july I have a real bdmegs plenty of generation pstate and acpi detection

but I repeat.. only if I remove the acpi module from /extra/modules

the applehda doesn't run for me.. I use mine (G53 sw)
I know.. we're quite similar but not at all..
but bios is the same.. I'm sure i'm near the goal

bye

one question
1129, nov21 and 5th page has 3 ssdt.aml

which one is the best?

and if the boot plist conteins a dropssdt.. is really important to have ssdt.aml if we invoke the generate cstate and pstate in the boot.plist=?

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,714 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
yeahhh solved!!!!!

thanksssss

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
ugokind, what did you solve?

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,714 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
Sleep&wake g53.. Thanks to you!!!

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I am not sure what I did, but i got my sleep & wake after replacing geforce kext's. Did you get hdmi audio working on g53?

hy
I got the 21nov attachment
but the sleep never run until I adopt the 1129 attachment
I mean:
the unique differences between both is the /extra/modules
Indeed.. If I remove acpi and resolution modules.. the os go better in s3 state
but not complete.. I hear the internal fan
and no wake

other experiences: the boot 2064 is really the only one that make the os start with graphics.. and also the 2111
others not. black screen (with your attachments)

tomorrow I'll try other combinations
Interesting.. with those attachments it's the 1st time since july I have a real bdmegs plenty of generation pstate and acpi detection

but I repeat.. only if I remove the acpi module from /extra/modules

the applehda doesn't run for me.. I use mine (G53 sw)
I know.. we're quite similar but not at all..
but bios is the same.. I'm sure i'm near the goal

bye

one question
1129, nov21 and 5th page has 3 ssdt.aml

which one is the best?

and if the boot plist conteins a dropssdt.. is really important to have ssdt.aml if we invoke the generate cstate and pstate in the boot.plist=?

1129, nov21 should be the same and 5th page is from ellnic. I am not sure which one is best. As I have been trying to use oemSSDT=yes, DropSSDT=yes within Chameleon with a slim package that i have been testing. For you to use ssdt.aml, you need to add oemSSDT=no, DropSSDT=no.

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
hello,
now i am beginning to have again the problem that when i put the computer in sleep is ok the first time, but after the 1st time sleep&wake does not work any more! it works just for the 1st time after a full reboot. Have you goy any clue why it happens?
Thanks!

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
DropSSDT=Yes to use /Extra/SSDT.aml
DropSSDT=No to use original from mobo.
manmal patch applertc.kext

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Thanks LatinMcG.

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
To latinmcg: thanks latinmcg. How can i patch applertc.kext ? Not present in kexts here in latest 9dec files?

To jeffc: thanks! Is it necessary to install Enoch included? Not newer versions? Why no more chimera? Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy