G73SW ML 10.8.2 Install

jeffc2009

398 posts in this topic

I have uploaded a new package to take care of usb 3.0, battery statues. Make sure to remove everything voodoo. As for usb error after sleep, I have not found a solution yet. But backlit keyboard works on my system after sleep. (make sure to install nvidia drivers for sleep to work). Ellnic, I am not sure why AppleHDA is not working for you after sleep.

Nice one. The Nov 21 files fix my USB 3 and battery. Wanna know the weird part? My audio works after sleep but I still have no backlit keys. Lol. Work that out :-P

I am going to do a fresh install on my external USB drive tomorrow as I might just have something messed up. I've played around a lot with S/L/E so it could be a fluke.

I noticed the SMBIOS has changed to a MBP 8,1 which is the 13 inch. (unless I imagined this?) was it 8,2 or 8,3 before? This could have an impact on backlit keys.

Interestingly, most my function keys work now. I can turn wifi on and off, sleep, adjust volume, play/pause etc, turn the screen on and off, even the trackpad one works. The only ones that don't work are backlit keys, and display brightness and if I dare touch the one that changes the display output the system hangs :-P

But, over all very pleased. Moving in the right direction. Thanks again to Jeff- will report with more findings on fresh install tomorrow, I'm turning in now - its nearly 2am.

EDIT: By the way, it looks like my old sensor Kexts stopped working - these work well: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3349

EDIT2: Just in case I am doing something wrong, how are you getting your backlit keyboards to work? I have tried using the fn+F3/F4 and also tapping the lights out button in the top left a couple of times...

hello, i have installed latest package and 10.8.2 . Everything seems fine except backlit keyb & usb3 . When i put something inside usb3 port(usb key,hard drives, mouse, keyboard and so on) nothing works and the device isn't even powered on. Do you think my usb3 port is defective ? It doesn't work even at startup, when computer boots up before it enters osx. Is there any kext related to usb3 that i may have installed ? It seems there is only FrescoUSB kext inside (from latest 21 nov package). Thanks!

I had an issue a while back where the blue USB 3 port would not work under OS X, but it is fixed with the Nov 21 files. When you say it doesn't work even before the computer loads OS X, what have you done to test this? Does it work under Windows? Can you make a bootable USB stick and boot from it when connected to that port? If you need to make a quick bootable USB stick to test, then use something like unetbootin. I would imagine that the problem is just OS X... unless you plugged something in that shorted it out- but this is unlikely. I would test in Windows first.

Do you have a 2nd HDD in your G73? Or an external USB drive? Install Win 7 on this and keep it handy. I use this for ACPI table info and extracting DSDTs using AIDA etc. Plus Windows has better diag tools than Mac OS X, and of course, is better for gaming.

I am sorry, but I had used 8, 1 for testing HDMI Audio. I forgot to put it back to 8, 3 when this package was made. As for USB 3.0 to show up, shutdown, pull battery and power cord for 10 sec. if it disappears. Backlit keyboard works on my after wake from sleep.

thank you jeff!! i will test HDMI soon!

Another (last) question...i cannot have backlit keyboard working before and after sleep. Have i got to check/setup anything? in bios? in switches? I really tried everything...backlit keyboard works when computer is powering on, then it powers off and it will never power on (on windows it works). About the sd card...is there a linux driver that may be ported for such device? Thanks!!

manmal, you might want to extract your own dsdt and try to patch it yourself using dsdt auto patcher/dsdt editor http://olarila.com/forum/packs.php or have someone from http://olarila.com/f...ic.php?f=7&t=62 to patch it for you. You might have a odd ball setup. As for sd card reader, I have no idea. I don't use it so if you would like to work on that project, it would be great!! ProductID: 0x0139 VenderID: 0bda. My current project is to get bluetooth working.

i did it (autopatcher with proper g73sw.txt patch ) ... but still no keyboard light before/after sleep. I would survive with it tho ;) but it would have been nice to have it!

same bios version ?

kext wizard has a "Loaded" tab.. might help identifying whats loaded

hy

I got the 21nov attachment

but the sleep never run until I adopt the 1129 attachment

I mean:

the unique differences between both is the /extra/modules

Indeed.. If I remove acpi and resolution modules.. the os go better in s3 state

but not complete.. I hear the internal fan

and no wake

other experiences: the boot 2064 is really the only one that make the os start with graphics.. and also the 2111

others not. black screen (with your attachments)

tomorrow I'll try other combinations

Interesting.. with those attachments it's the 1st time since july I have a real bdmegs plenty of generation pstate and acpi detection

but I repeat.. only if I remove the acpi module from /extra/modules

the applehda doesn't run for me.. I use mine (G53 sw)

I know.. we're quite similar but not at all..

but bios is the same.. I'm sure i'm near the goal

bye

one question

1129, nov21 and 5th page has 3 ssdt.aml

which one is the best?

and if the boot plist conteins a dropssdt.. is really important to have ssdt.aml if we invoke the generate cstate and pstate in the boot.plist=?

I am not sure what I did, but i got my sleep & wake after replacing geforce kext's. Did you get hdmi audio working on g53?

hy

I got the 21nov attachment

but the sleep never run until I adopt the 1129 attachment

I mean:

the unique differences between both is the /extra/modules

Indeed.. If I remove acpi and resolution modules.. the os go better in s3 state

but not complete.. I hear the internal fan

and no wake

other experiences: the boot 2064 is really the only one that make the os start with graphics.. and also the 2111

others not. black screen (with your attachments)

tomorrow I'll try other combinations

Interesting.. with those attachments it's the 1st time since july I have a real bdmegs plenty of generation pstate and acpi detection

but I repeat.. only if I remove the acpi module from /extra/modules

the applehda doesn't run for me.. I use mine (G53 sw)

I know.. we're quite similar but not at all..

but bios is the same.. I'm sure i'm near the goal

bye

one question

1129, nov21 and 5th page has 3 ssdt.aml

which one is the best?

and if the boot plist conteins a dropssdt.. is really important to have ssdt.aml if we invoke the generate cstate and pstate in the boot.plist=?

1129, nov21 should be the same and 5th page is from ellnic. I am not sure which one is best. As I have been trying to use oemSSDT=yes, DropSSDT=yes within Chameleon with a slim package that i have been testing. For you to use ssdt.aml, you need to add oemSSDT=no, DropSSDT=no.

hello,

now i am beginning to have again the problem that when i put the computer in sleep is ok the first time, but after the 1st time sleep&wake does not work any more! it works just for the 1st time after a full reboot. Have you goy any clue why it happens?

Thanks!