397 replies to this topic

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Macs :-)
So I have been doing some reading, but a lot of this is way over my head. If Clover extracts a copy of the DSDT at boot and patches it, should I be removing the DSDT that I have? I have had varying degrees of success with Clover. Sometimes, the machine appears to get almost all the way through the boot process but then the screen goes black, so I read that in this case you must check the Fix Display box, if I do this, I then get a kernel panic saying that it is unable to find driver for this platform! Is this bootloader intended to be used with an entirely vanilla system with just the addition of FakeSMC? Also, I have read about problems with Aptio boards and UEFI booting. I can boot to a Shell using EFI, but not Clover. At the moment I am stuck on BIOS boot.

Has anyone been able to get Clover going on the G73? I would appreciate some help :P

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
i will second ellnic request!! I think Clover is one of the most innovative method nowadays...any update on G73SW & Clover (or 10.8.2/10.7.5)?
thanks!
mal

PS: Now in my system i have sleep working! I did not do anything at all! Just installed new nvidia drivers! Sleep&Wake began to work after a couple reboots...10.8.1 & G73SW

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

i will second ellnic request!! I think Clover is one of the most innovative method nowadays...any update on G73SW & Clover (or 10.8.2/10.7.5)?
thanks!
mal

PS: Now in my system i have sleep working! I did not do anything at all! Just installed new nvidia drivers! Sleep&Wake began to work after a couple reboots...10.8.1 & G73SW

Wow, I don't have this yet - can you link to the drivers you installed? Or do you mean the latest CUDA update via the prefpane?

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
hi, i just installed mac osx driver and cuda drivers from nvidia website and it just worked, after a couple reboots.... i am interested in get it working with such clover stuff...may you please give me some advices on how to get it working, if you did any progress? Jeff?? Any update on 10.8.2? I am sure you have it up and running fine!! ;)
thanks!
mal

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Well, unfortunately I cannot find the drivers you are talking about, only the Cuda. Could you perhaps share the link? Where on Nvidia's site did you find this driver?

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
the name of the file i installed is this one : Retail-304.00.05f02-macosx.dmg

jeff?? are you dead or alive? :)

thanks!
mal

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hi Mal,

Thanks for the reply :)

I have tried that file, but that is for 10.8.2 and it won't install without altering some of the config files. Are you sure you are on 10.8.1? Did you alter the file to install or change your system definition (SMBIOS.plist) to Mac Pro to be able to install this?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
u can extract the pkg out of it and it dont require macpro smbios.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Got it!

The one mal linked to was for 10.8.2. I lose audio in 10.8.2 so I haven't got that far yet, but for those on 10.8.1 you want this file: http://www.nvidia.co...f20-driver.html

If you don't change your SMBIOS.plist to Mac Pro, you will need to follow this:

Download the file and mount the dmg. Drag the installer package to the desktop so you can make changes to it. Right click on the installer package (304.00.00f20 Web Release) and click Show Package Contents. Go to Contents then open Distribution.dist in text edit.

Remove this code:

if (found_hardware == 0) {
	 my.result.title = system.localizedString("unsupported_title");
	 my.result.message = system.localizedString("unsupported_message");
	 my.result.type = "Fatal";
}

Save the file and run the installer.

AFTER INSTALL (REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU INSTALLED) - VERY IMPORTANT!!

Open terminal and repair permissions:

sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

You will notice all the repairs are for the Nvidia kexts just installed!

Now, run the perl script again by pasting this into terminal:

sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

I had 1 Substitution.

Reboot.... and pray... I have sleep now. ;D

If you do not want to edit the Dist file, you can do as LatinMcG suggests and either use Pacifist to extract the 8 kexts and put them in S/L/E then repair permissions (or use Kext Wizzard to install) or if you don't use Pacifist, there is another cool app that is free (Pacifist is not) called unpkg. It will extract the files to a folder and you can do the same from there. See http://www.timdoug.com/unpkg/

Now all we need is Audio working on 10.8.2. I think it needs to be done by editing the DSDT to remove the HDEF (as previously suggested by LatinMcG) then using VoodooHDA - newer versions of VoodooHDA include HDMI audio fixes so watch this space!

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
oh perhaps i confused the file names...but i was pretty sure it was the file from nvidia website, but i did a mistake with the version! Sorry for that...but anyway, as i said, now we have sleep working (i had a surprise since i didn't know it worked since i tried it and it just worked ;) )

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Do you lose audio after sleep by any chance? I expect this will be fixed with VoodooHDA.

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
yes. i lose audio after sleep but i noticed that i can sleep just once or twice, then system doesn't go to sleep any more until i reboot. Is it normal? I am still on 10.8.1 ... did you update to 10.8.2 without any prob?

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
how did you got sleep?

I'm 10.8.1 or 10.8.2 but never did. (tried a lot of kexts.. tried to patch myself.. tried to create ssdt and with bios modded )

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Look at post 29. I have given instructions for sleep there.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,710 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
did it (upgrade to 10.8.2, using original AICPM with no patch) and Nvidia latest for 10.8.2, opengl patch as post #29
no luck
the sleep start going black.. but I see HDD blinking.. and also the led of the optical mouse

I have to hard poweroff the lappie

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
We do not have this working on 10.8.2 yet. If you follow post 29 on 10.8.1 it should work...

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,508 posts
sounds like USB patching needed
or RTg206 (realtek version 2.06) driver installed causing issues.

have u patched the RTC binary ?

also read in here.. some have fixed some issues with rollback of some kexts
http://www.insanelym...nt0sh-machines/

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,710 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello

We do not have this working on 10.8.2 yet. If you follow post 29 on 10.8.1 it should work...

let me tell.. I'll test your recipe. But I think it's not enough.
I had only one time an half sleep. but a couple of months ago
after.. never.
I think those elements:
-aicpm (patched or not : my bios is unlocked)
-aigpm (I had always a good patched kext by myself) or aigmp deleted
-smbios (I believe that mbp8,2 is the closest to ours.. apart from the graphic card ATI in original mac)
-boot manager (sure, from 2009 to earlier..)
-dsdt (mine is patched by myself.. since jan2012)
-ssdt (tested tonymac and autopatched and other patcher (REVOgirl) and created from scratch)

give thousand of combinations that causes thousand of responses. and only one is a good sleep

so.. because of those elements. a real team job to have the only one real solution would be the a serious work. otherwise I think we'll drive in the fog forever

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,508 posts
compare dsdts's between yours and elnics... bios version ?

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,710 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
I'll try. in mac.. what's he best version tool ? in windows i'm using textpad. but mac?
bios version is the only one in the net.. 203!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy