• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I have been trying to get full SpeedStep and Turbo on my Intel Core i5 430M in OS X Lion 10.7.4 I have patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and removed NullCPUPowerManagement. I also dumped my SSDT tables and they are in /Extra. I have Generate CStates and PStates set to True in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I am also running the lapic patched kernel to enable all four threads. MSRDumper.kext reports that 0 P states have been reached, but the HackInstaller script by digitaldreamer shows the P States 16-38. Another question, what exactly are P and C states? Sorry if this sounds a bit nooby.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Do you have it working in Lion and trying to in ML, or just trying in Lion? Simplified explanation= P states are performance states aka. speedstep. Lowers the CPU frequency while idle and increases closer to or all the way to full rated speed when there is a demand on the CPU. C states, rather than just change active cpu frequency, will shut down various parts of the cpu while idle, with the tradeoff being some latency to get things going again when needed, but all fast enough to where you won't notice. C states are noting new and have been around since before pentium 1.

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

I have been trying to get full SpeedStep and Turbo on my Intel Core i5 430M in OS X Lion 10.7.4 I have patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and removed NullCPUPowerManagement. I also dumped my SSDT tables and they are in /Extra. I have Generate CStates and PStates set to True in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I am also running the lapic patched kernel to enable all four threads. MSRDumper.kext reports that 0 P states have been reached, but the HackInstaller script by digitaldreamer shows the P States 16-38. Another question, what exactly are P and C states? Sorry if this sounds a bit nooby.

When using the

MSRDumper.kext, did you put your system under load?

In order for the kext to report all states, you'll need to stress your CPU so that it will actually run in those performance states.

Hope that helps.

kind regards,

MAJ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intel core i5, aicpupm, intelcpupowermange, ct, cstate, pstate

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy