- Animations commonly get stuck on the screen or do not finish drawing to the screen, stopping right in the middle (I have a picture of this attached)
- Sometimes on boot, the computer will finish all of the boot process, but then hang, repeating something like "disk2: I/O error." even though disk2 is not one of my hard drives (maybe optical?). The times it happens seems to be pretty random. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
- Along that line, Finder randomly asked me what I wanted to do with the blank DVD I inserted, even though the DVD was not recently inserted nor blank. Perhaps I have a bad optical kext?
- Finally, and this one of the most irritating, the system hangs for about 10 minutes at the login screen after booting. I can move the cursor, but typing and clicking do not work (though it does catch up after it stops hanging).
- The system locks up quite nicely when I attempt to open "About This Mac" from the menu
- Performing a hard shutdown at any time will cause the system to stop booting, and then I have to repair the filesystem from another machine using Disk Utility
- Pressing the power button causes the computer to go into a "deep sleep", where it will turn off essentially all the hardware but keep the power on, and cannot recover without a hard shutdown, then causing the above problem.
- After rebooting or shutting down, my boot record has to be repaired with a Windows 7 repair disc because I get "boot0: error" (shown in an attached photo)
- Various core applications like to hang (System Preferences, Finder, unified menu bar, etc.) for no apparent reason
Here's my setup:
Running iATKOS L2 with 10.7.3 AMD kernel v4
IOPCIFamily has been replaced with this and I added this AppleNForceATA
Using Finder from Lion DP2 (due to 32-bit compatibility)
Enabled USB kext and NVEnabler in iATKOS install
I'm booting with the following flags:
-legacy -v UseKernelCache=No arch=i386
Note that mach_kernel must be specified if not booting from installed Chameleon, and UseKernelCache=No has just been what I've used because I didn't yet rebuild the cache.
Here are the specs:
- Model: Dell Inspiron 531
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (Dual-core/SSE3)
- Motherboard: Asus/Dell M2N61-AX with nForce chipset
- ATA Controller: nForce MCP61 (03F6:10DE)
- Audio: nVidia HD Audio (0014:10DE)
- Network: nForce Ethernet (03EF:10DE)
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce GT 430 (0DE1:10DE)
- BIOS Version: Phoenix AwardBIOS 1.0.13 (Dell)