boot0:GPT boot0:done stuck

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just restored my clean MT install from a dmg file created by Carbon Copy Clone backup, it working fine, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the boot0: done error I'm having, reinstalled Chameleon, Chemira, set the partition active, all not working, any idea?

I getting a lot of weird result lately, every time after I get a good install, I will clone the partition or let time machine have a backup, this included a clean MT installation.

The first time I reinstall was after I messed up with the kext when I try to get graphics working after upgraded from 10.7.4 to 10.8, so I restore 10.7.4 from time machine and upgrade to 10.8 again, then I get stuck on FIPS error (before I do any changes), and other error that I couldn't get through using -x or -s. So I decide to wipe the drive and do a clean MT install, this time I got every thing working beside network, and I stuck on USBMSC error when I install the same IONetworkingFamily.kext I was using all the while, and couldn't figure out how to fix it (another few rounds of restore from time machine, restore from clone image, all doesn't work like when they were being backup), after seeing few P5Q Deluxe user get MT working, I decided to flash my BIOS to the latest one, then I restore the clean MT image, and it works, but after install the Chameleon on it, it stuck at the boot0:done.

You think it's the drive problem? I just got it for half year I think, it's a Western Digital Black 500GB drive.

try unplugging any other drives especially your Time Machine drive and then boot and see what happens. It also wouldn't hurt to use app like memtest to run a couple passes on your RAM. Faulty RAM stick will do all kinds of weird things and corrupt files and stuff. My guess though is Time Machine drive is causing current boot prob. Seems to happen every so often in ML, no idea why.

Tried unplug everything else, it's not working either. Anyway, after had different tries and notice the Unknown GPT partition always appears in the boot menu (boot using USB installer) no matter I erase all partition on the drive or I repartition it, so I decide to go into my Windows Vista, and run the DISKPART and do the CLEAN command on it, it set the disk back into uninitialized state, then I went back to the MT installer and partition it and do the installation, after installation, install Chameleon on it, and now it all works.

Thanks for your time anyway, things gets weird recently.