4 replies to this topic

iPho

iPho

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Hi,
Where can I find a working driver for my Nvidia GTS 240 GPU OEM 1GB DDR of my preassembled Dell XPS 8000 desktop computer?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,121 posts
You're asking the wrong question, OS X ships with nvidia drivers.

What version of OS X and what injection method are you using?
What's your installation method?

iPho

iPho

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Hi,
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1
Installation method via USB stick (Chamaleon boot loader). Since my bios hasn't the ahci mode, I have also put the ataportinjector.kext in order to see my hard disks during the installation.

I need the driver in order to have a graphic user interface in the chamaleon boot manager and I will also play games with the Hackintosh.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,121 posts
Chameleon is a boot loader, not an operating system. It doesn't use a driver to display graphics, it uses VESA mode. You must install a theme in /Extra/themes and specify it in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist if you want a GUI, Chameleon no longer has one embedded.

For OS X, as I said, the nvidia driver is already there.

Add
[key]GraphicsEnabler[/key]
[string]y[/string]
to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

For more information, read the pinned topic in this forum titled "Basic Guide...". Crazy right? The information you need is already here, who would have thought.

iPho

iPho

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
OK THANK YOU!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy