Mac 10.8 installer not recognizing hard drive

2 posts in this topic

Specs of my new HP laptop

• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • • 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
  • • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Graphics with 1GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]
  • • 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

• • 750GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

• • Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth®

basically when i start the installation process via usb i am able to get all the way to where i can choose what partition to install mac os x 10.8 to... but when i do, the part that asks me where to install it is blank, it does not display any hard drive at all...

my theory is because i have a hybrid hard drive... but im probably wrong, but does mac os x ML support hybrid hard drives? it should support any hard drives correct?

or maybe it is the usb itself... maybe for some reason the installer is trying to look for a partition on the usb instead of the laptop itself... i am not sure, do you know if this has ever occured? and if there is a way to get my hard drive detected so that i may dual boot Windows 7 and Mac os X 10.8 :)

Thanks in advnaced! hope you can help me....

the other thread where this problem originally occured can be found here....

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=281335

wasnt getting a lot of help in the New users lounge (probably because only new users go their)

so i decided to stretch my options to a more experianced area of this forum... Again thank you! and hopefully i can get mac OS X ML running before the end of the week !! :D!

check if your bios is config ok, and put this two kexts in your Extra/Extensions SATA IDE.zip

5. IMPORTANT: Set “SATA RAID/AHCI Mode” to “AHCI”

6. Go back (ESC), go to Power Management

7. Set the ACPI Suspend Type to S3(STR)

8. Set HPET Mode to 64-bit mode

9. Save and Exit, by pressing F10