Sony VAIO VGN-FZ31M

theoh88

39 posts in this topic

Hello, so I got my wifi card BCM94321MC and I replaced it with the old. Then I re-installation of SL to have something clean. I followed the advice you gave me before, but then I decided to update to 10.6.8. And this is where the problems begin ..

Airport will not activate, and my system is really slow. I do not know where it may come, if someone can help me.

I said that I had already tried to do the update without my new wireless card and everything worked

you have put your device id in IO80211Famili.kext and for problem slow you have put in your boot.plist UseKernelCaches=Yes

Edit: use this app and locate device id for your wifi, or take one screenshot and post here

Edit:2 use this code for create Extensions.mkext , this is for speed your system boot, copy de code and put in app Terminal wait the process ends, now reboot

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

https://www.dropbox....x1bm/Mot87kQ2Y7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, how did you get Nvidia 8400m gt graphics working!?!?

I have the same VAIO and I can only have an internal display with 1280x800 resolution working but without any acceleration...