5 replies to this topic

MrNobody

MrNobody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hey Guys,

i have a Sony Vaio VPC EB1Z1E Notebook where i want to install Mountain Lion.

I was able to install it with some modifications (IOPCIFamily.kext from netkas and USBBusFix=Yes).
I followed this guide http://www.insanelym...howtopic=280756 and i managed to get Wifi working.

Anyway one big thing missing is my graphiccard.
I have read some things about successfull installations in Lion and i also read something like
i should edit the ATIRadeonAccelerator.kext and the ATI5000Controller.kext but when i look into the plist.info files there is already written 0x68C11002 (my Device ID and Vendor ID).
I set my Framebuffer to Nomascus.

Any solution how i could get it work?

PS: In the attachment some pictures of SystemInfo

Attached Files

Hoplita

Hoplita

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

See: http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=736

Good luck!

MrNobody

MrNobody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Well i tried it with the guide by olarila, but i still get the same low resolution and no QE/QI working...

What else could i try? :(
PS: Another problem is that i can't run "About this Mac" -> It crashes (but that wouldn't matter to me when my graphics would work :( )

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Does your BIOS have an option for graphics mode? If so, set it to Discrete.

rakusson

rakusson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Well i tried it with the guide by olarila, but i still get the same low resolution and no QE/QI working...

What else could i try? :(
PS: Another problem is that i can't run "About this Mac" -> It crashes (but that wouldn't matter to me when my graphics would work :( )

I had the same issue of not-recognizing my ATI Radeon HD5470 card. However, it is working now after doing Internal LCD Forced EDID. Have a good look here.
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=208410

Pockets69

Pockets69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
About this mac fix never worked for me.

as for your problem you need to really do the force edid stuff, thats how i got it working on lion, now the thing is, if the same works on mountain lion, well you can just get the same file that you edited for lion and use it on ML (the force edid file).
i have the following problem don't know if any of you came across it, i was able to bypass the pci configuration begin, by using netkas iopcifamily.kext mod, but now i am stuck at waiting for DSMOS, now i don't know why am i stuck there, and am thinking that it might be related to GPU (this all happens when i try to boot the installer), but seeing MrNobody was able to install it i don't know what it might be right now.

also the bios most likely doesn't have the discrete option (like mine)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy