Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:02 AM
Hello Hackintosh Community,
after a Weekend full of searching and trying, i got my ASUS UL30VT fully work as a Snow Leopard Hackintosh! I never had expected that so many components would work! Because of the smilier Hardware, i think the Asus UL30xx, UL50xx and UL80xx should work with my Guide! It would be great if u could give feedback after trying!
- Wireless (+ n Support)
- Webcam (Use Webcam-Twist to fix Upside Down http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2825)
- Graphics (nativ) with QE/CI (GeForce G210M)
- HDMI (Video, didnt test Audio)
- Trackpad (including two-finger-scrolling, didn't tested gesture-enabling yet)
- Power Management
- Card Reader
- FN+F5 / F6 for Display-Brightness
- FN+F7 for turn off Display
- Sleep (maybe it works with the right Kext, didn't tested)
You will need a USB Mouse + Keyboard for Installation and set-up your Hackintosh! (While Installation, Keyboard works, Trackpad doesn't. After Installing Combo-Update, Keyboard stops working too, everything until the kexts are installed!) If you have the Asus UL30xx u need an external DVD Drive. Installing from USB didn't worked for me. Download my Kext-Collectiom from Attachment and copy to a USB-Stick! Lets go:
1) Go to Bios: F2 at Boot -> Advanced -> IDE Configuration -> SATA Operation Mode ENHANCED -> F10 to Save
2) Boot with i boot: Press ESC at Boot and choose External DVD to Boot. When u are in Chimera Boot Menü, insert Snow Leopard Disc and press F5 until "Mac OS X Install DVD" comes. Choose it and type "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -x", then press Enter. REMEMBER: Its US-Keyboard layout!
3) Wait until Mac OS X Installation Screen. Go to Utilities -> Disk Utility to format your HDD like you want to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Remember: The bootloader can only boot from a disk or partition of 1 TB or less.
4) Continue Installation and choose your Partition/HDD you want to install Mac OS X. You can fasten installation by clicking on "customize" and uncheck "Printer Drivers". Click ok, Install and wait until finishing.
5) Reboot after finishing and boot from i boot CD. Your Partition with Mac OS X should be displayed now. Choose it, type "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -x" and press Enter. After Boot-Up, u may will see the Mac-Intro-Video (if not, its ok too). Now Set-Up the Mac. Don't ask me why, but Sound and Keyboard worked for me at this moment. After Combo-Update, it wont work anymore and we have to install Kext to get it work again. (Maybe someone can explain this?) The Graphic u are running now is the integrated Intel Graphics without Q/E, we will enable the Nvidia-Card after the Combo Update!
6) Now Open ##### - don't run it yet, just leave it open. Mount MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.7.dmg and install MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.7.pkg. Upon completion, the installer will ask you to reboot. DO NOT REBOOT. Switch to the already open #####. (If it closes, just re-open it!) Continue until "Custom Install on Snow Leopard" and select #####, System Utilities and IOSUSBFamily Rollback (Its in Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Miscellaneous). Continue and install. Reboot. You don't need i boot CD for booting in your OS anymore. Chimera Bootloader is installed!
7) After Reboot, install "Kext Wizard" (just move it into Applications Folder)! Don't ask why, but Keyboard and Sound stops working now! U will need your USB Keyboard! Open Kext Wizard and goto "Installation". Move all Kexts from Kexts folder of my Attachement in and press Install. When finished, go to Maintenance and Select "System/Library/Extensions" and press "Execute". This takes a while.
8) When finished, run the "VooDooHDA.prefpane" File and press YES to install it as a Preferences-Panel. Then copy VooDooHDASettingsSaver to "/Extras" and set it as a Login Icon at Systemoptions -> User!
9) When its done, reboot and press F2 to get into BIOS. Go to Advanced -> IDE Configuration and change SATA Operation Mode to COMPATIBLE. Press F10 to Save and exit.
10) Boot up and enjoy your full supported HACKINTOSH!
If your Sound-Symbol isnt displayed, go to Systempreferences -> audio and enable "Display Volume in Menu"! You will need to edit your Soundoptions in VooDooHDA Prefpane. Goto Microphone and Mute the "Input Gain". If u don't do this, u will hear the sounds of Mic on Boxes. Set my VooDooHDA Settings, seen on Screenshots! To Save the VooDoo Option, use VooDooSaver from Attachement: Copy it to /Extras and set it as a Login item (in Systempreferences -> Users)
voodoohda.tiff 73.11KB 56 downloads
Battery Life is AWESOME! I had a really good performance for hours with middle-display-brightness and WiFi! Don't forget that only the NVIDIA GeForce 210M is running (UL30VT has Hybrid Graphics with Integrated Intel). Even in Ubuntu i hadn't such as good performance! The Battery-Icon tells me up to 7 hours @ 100% (wlan on, …).
DONT UPDATE! After a 10.6.8 Update WiFi and more stopped working. I think some KEXTs aren't compatible to 10.6.8. For me, its not a real problem: Just block "Update" with LittleSnitch Firewall! Maybe some smart friends can help us
Use the 10.6-supporting version of InsomniaX to disable sleep when lid closing.
Download my KEXT-Collection!
asus_ul_kexts.zip 3.44MB 221 downloads
Please give me feedback and write down improvements! I will update my post then!
Thanks to the hackintosh community!!!
- maglev likes this
Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:01 AM
Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:22 PM
But I prefer to using an USB installer, have any idea? using copying image from DVD to USB just get me stuck at somewhere at the boot process.
Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:49 PM
The original post says, "Continue until "Custom Install on Snow Leopard" and select #####" ... Can someone tell me what the ##### used to be? Now it just goes another website.
Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:45 AM
Is the Intel GMA4500 MHD gpu also supported with full QE/CI on Snow Leopard?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users